Introducing Asset Escrow for your resources

If a resource author were sane enough, they’d not be selling obfuscated, encrypted, or whatever code in the first place , as they understand e.g. people who are pirating a resource aren’t people you’d (like to) have as a customer.

This is the truest statement I’ve seen in a long time. You aren’t losing revenue from the code being shared as the people who are using the shared code would have no intention of buying it in the first place.

I’d venture a guess to say that the average FiveM server has a lifespan of less than a full month and is used among friends to screw around on, these are not ‘customers’ as they are not going to buy assets for something that is just there to screw with…these people are making something for the “lulz” and will be gone as quickly as they came.

They aren’t paying for hosting, they aren’t paying for models…this won’t change, but what will change is these people won’t be creating servers thus FiveM’s influence and footprint diminish and people start moving onto the next shiny thing all in pursuit of the all mighty dollar that was never going to come in the first place.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing!!!

Can u transfer old coustomer tothe new asset???

4 Likes

Yes, it’s impressive you could do it, but did anyone actually ask if you SHOULD do it. The old adage comes into play, “Just because you can do a thing does not mean you SHOULD do a thing.”

Tbh yes people have been asking for it for years and even CFX promised they would devlop something for what the FiveM/CFX community wanted and they now have it and it is available for even you as a person/ server owner to enjoy and protect content from people that just want to come in and be the party destoryers

6 Likes

Great. Thanks to add the license system after months of announcing!
Now I can start making scripts again

1 Like

This seems pretty cool however I find it sad to see that the feature is limited just to prevent people “orchestrating private sales”. If there was a way for developers to manually add/remove users via the keymaster site then it would have way more potential use cases.

2 Likes

How long does it take for the asset to be uploaded and reflect on tebex?

1 Like

Instantly, just try uploading one on the keymaster website right now :smiley:. Works flawlessly

2 Likes

I uploaded one yesterday and it still says submitted

Hmm that a 20.000 line file? Could you try again, because after I upload a zip file refresh the page it already says active so :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

is there any kind of format that needs to followed? because my file contains client, server, config, fxmanifest and a readme… I added readme and config as escrow_ignore…

2 Likes

And the lua54 ‘yes’ and should just work indeed. Otherwise get in contact with support if it really doesn’t work. This all in a .zip (not .rar) file and you good to go

2 Likes

does it allow nested folders like client folder and server folder?

yea it does, i just tried it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, can I, as a server owner, upload assets that I have purchased to protect my investments from a disgruntled dev? So they can’t leak previously unprotected scripts and models even though I didn’t develope them.

1 Like

Hello, some of my clients have boughts scripts using the Tebex, I can see their names, status as Complete, but they do not still see their scripts in their CFX Keymaster (only some of them), they have waited for more than 24 hours and their account they are logged in is the same as the account they bought it from on the Tebex. Is this possible? Does anyone happen to know why it happens?

1 Like

Hi
what we can do if we are a team and each member buy script for the server ?
We do not want give all the script to the owner.
For exemple , we transfert to him and he kick out the team , we lost all the script ?
i luv the new system but it is possible to do something for ppl like us who have a team ?
thank you

You are correct, also a use case of the encryption service.

As a developer who’s been on this platform since around 2017, this was long overdue and I’m really happy to see this.
For the past few months I had given up on FiveM alltogether since all my work was getting stolen. I got to a point where I didn’t mind my scripts being stolen if people would just learn and expand from them, but they were mostly sold, and only developers know the feeling of loosing countless nights and hairs for trying to make something of your own then seeing it the next day being sold for $5-$20 when you can’t even afford to pay a YouTuber for a promo (cuz that’s how it is now it seems).
So props to you guys for finally introducing some sort of protection, I can finally come back to do what I love!

But there’s still the question, how secure is it? I’m guessing you guys made use of LuaC like MTA does, but did you add any extra layers of protection? Since Luac can be easily decompiled and is os.execute finally disabled? And is there any performance drop?

3 Likes

Could you please try to re-upload your asset to see if it’s still not being processed? :slight_smile:

1 Like