Important: FiveM Linux server builds at risk

FiveM RIP, obviously.

The largest number of servers is on Linux, abandoning support * nix - it means losing a lot of people, are you aware of?

3 Likes

And you know this how?

Actually wrong:

sh-4.4$ curl -sL http://runtime.fivem.net/servers/ | jq -r '.[].Data.server | select(startswith("FXS"))' | awk ' { print $(NF ) }' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
      1 807-GIT-10/11/18_19:22:52
   1269 linux
   1735 win32

Not sure what’s with that one deviant server with a weird ‘git’ tag, though.

Before anyone asks ‘but this command ran on Linux, you hypocrites!’:

sh-4.4$ uname -a
MSYS_NT-10.0 DESKTOP-E2T5A1 2.11.1(0.329/5/3) 2018-09-10 14:19 x86_64 Msys
1 Like

I’m a proponent of Linux servers for personal use due to the fact that (I believe) Windows licenses are more expensive than all Linux licenses (if there are even costs), but I fully understand this decision.

This issue is totally out of your control and I hope that more alpine users will experience this issue, resulting in an eventual fix/addition to their product.

You guys have tried your best. I hope that the rest of the community sees this too.

:mascot: :heart:

7 Likes

Ok, ~60/40, but I won’t take into account the servers that are running “for 1 day, play with friends” - I’m talking about popular servers that have the most players.

1 Like

Servers with >20 players:

sh-4.4$ curl -sL http://runtime.fivem.net/servers/ | jq -r '.[] | select(.Data.clients > 20) | .Data.server | select(startswith("FXS"))' | awk ' { print $(NF) }' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
      1 807-GIT-10/11/18_19:22:52
    106 linux
    126 win32
2 Likes

Ok, in our community (10 servers) - nobody using Windows (most popular servers in west Europe and Russia)

1 Like

there is no point in arguing about this, there is nothing that can be done to make linux work for now.

This is very sad news but thank you for explaining the reasoning and thought process

5 Likes

why? because they could not compile the server? This is not a reason, it is a confirmation of their own helplessness.

3 Likes

It is.

And why do you think one paragraph of the main topic is, literally, as follows:

4 Likes

My friend, if I had not quit developing for C ++ many years ago - I would have tried to help to the best of my ability, believe me

1 Like

Why call someone “helpless” when you can’t fix it yourself either. That’s easy talking now is it?

4 Likes

They get paid for it, but you are not worried about a janitor who didn’t remove your garbage - you stop paying him. Is it logical? Is logical. It’s about the same situation, and don’t try to convince me - it’s a fact, “FiveM” - is a business, is a service.

1 Like

absolutely incorrect, FiveM is a project, and it’s free.

1 Like

Why not install everything by hand rather than go through Alpine?

1 Like

But at the same time, I MUST pay to get some opportunities that other ■■■■■■ projects get for free.

2 Likes

When you say that the majority of the servers are on Windows, it is false, despite the results obtained by your research and I explain why:

Everyone uses Windows at home and has fun testing servers at home. We are talking here about real servers hosted in data centers, I can guarantee that 90% + are on Linux. The vast majority of Windows servers are hosted at home, it is not comparable …

2 Likes