I want to create my own dedicated server. How I can prevent DDOS ATTACK?

I have the possibility to purchase a pc to be my dedicated server to host my server FIVEM there.
But I would still like to do it at home with my internet, how can I prevent a ddos ​​attack?
There is some type of router that allows me to do mitigation or an easy way to do mitigation at home more cheaply.
I heard about Basic BGP (Cisco router) to build a more secure network but can this prevent ddos ​​attacks?

DDOS’s should be the last thing you should think about, realistically the time vs effort scale of someone putting on a DDOS just seems to be a waste of time on a single FiveM sever.

If you do get DDOS’ed, just wate it out and laugh at the pleb who spent the time to arrange it. Because they have no life.

I already think about all I need, but I’m afraid with DDOS.
Don’t you know’s nothing?

as long as you have a good host like NFO servers or OVH or Zap hosting you will NOT have to worry about DDOS attacks. they have mitigation systems in place to null those attacks… Now if you are using a home hosted server that may be a little more sketch. But who am i kidding who runs a public server from home without knowlage of ddos and firewall protection?

I know the basics, I don’t know specifics. I’m just creating chances for my server in terms of budgets and future investments.