"Hybrid" Maps?

Someone famous once said, "variety is the spice of life. I like those colorful postal code maps. With these middle-aged eyes, I find it easier to see the just plain “stock” gray map on the radar screen. All the extra street names and numbers make it hard to focus on what I need from the radar.

Is there any way to do both? A hybrid? I’d like to have the colorful, information packed map on the pause screen and just plain gray and no text for the minimap radar screen.

I have seen a hybrid of the DLK maps but they are satellite and atlas. So I know it’s possible. There are 78 minimap_*.ytd files in the directory. I assume some of them are the minimap and some are the pause menu tiles. Is there a defined list so I can build this myself?

Sorry for the bump, this is really something I need to get right.

I need to know which of the *.YTD files, or maybe which PARTS of the *.YTD files, are used for the mini-map. There are 13 of them, not 78 like I posted above.

What do I have to do to show a different image on the mini-map than on the main map?

I want a plain gray map on the radar mini-map. No street names, no signs, no nothing. Just the gray map. I will add blips as I choose.

My main map on the pause menu will be a full color map, with or without postal codes. I have not decided. I have been using the postals but without a map, It works surprisingly well and less clutter on the map. What would be even more bad-ass, in my opinion, is to only have the postals when zooming in.

It may be that I need to dissect the *.YTD files and change the various mipmaps (whatever those are) in the file to get the desired effect. But I do not know which ones, which levels of zoom, are on the mini-map and which are on the main pause screen map.

Please, if you have this nugget of wisdom, please impart it to this unworthy soul? :slight_smile: