[How-To][Video] Addons how to and converting to an addon

i actually have that car on my server and it works with that modkit change it maybe to 1200 and then change the carvariation part also

so I should change the ID in carcols.meta and carvariations.meta from 63696 to 1200 or something else ?

1 Like

yea try that see if it works cuz i use that same vehicle and i have it set to the 63696 and it works fine for me maybe its something else on your end double check the files and make sure the resource.lua everything matches properly

Iā€™ve tried multiple IDs. The only place I found I can replace them is in carvariations.meta and carcols.meta. Iā€™ve checked that the car is added to server.cfg (I wouldnā€™t have been able to spawn the car otherwise)

• Are there any other files that require the ID change ?
  • There are 2 extra files in the stream folder called content.xml and setup2.xml, do I just leave them in the stream folder, or I have to add them to __resources.lua ?
  • Do I have to add all the yft, ytd files to __resources.lua somehow ?
  • What menu do you use to spawn the cars ? Maybe itā€™s a menu problem. Iā€™m using vMenu and have added the car to ā€˜addons.jsonā€™ with the name in handling.meta and I can spawn it properly
1 Like

I have found the fix, all I had to do was add ALL the files from the vehicle (including the .meta files) to the stream folder. now, the car has tunable parts working

Can you pls send the pic ?

I know the idea is to learn and all but seriusly. NOBODY did a better job explaining than a 2004 looking tutorial with music at the background and no explaining, 50 minutes long?.

All the topics just send me to this and itā€™s an old tutorial from 2017. Im searching for an updated tutorial, stop posting this as a solution

For anyone wondering like me:

Hereā€™s the solution updated

1 Like