[How-To] Streaming new hairstyles for characters: Step by Step for dummies (Override method)

Are you sure you’re looking at the right slot?

That one is correct as it replaces the night vision goggles. https://i.imgur.com/aZL1JmK.png

Is it possible for us to stream hair styles in another person’s server? Or will I have to create my own? I can’t find a tutorial for that anywhere other than the ones for your own server.

So on the rare occasion a hair has more than one texture, you would need to replace all of them.

Take mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines_hair_000 for example. The model that’s being replaced is still:
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_000_u.ydd

Except it has multiple textures:

hair_diff_000_a_uni
hair_diff_000_b_uni
hair_diff_000_c_uni
hair_diff_000_d_uni
hair_diff_000_e_uni
hair_diff_000_f_uni

so you have to replace them all with the new texture like so:

mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_a_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_b_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_c_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_d_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_e_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_f_uni

Which you can do just by duplicating the texture you’re replacing x amount of times. Most just have 1 texture though so in most cases it will just be replacing mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_a_uni.

So like could anyone be that Super saiyan hero we all need and Make a How To Video because I followed the steps to a Tee and pretty sure it didnt work? Place and thank you!

in regards to my last reply i’ve got it figured out, however now it seems that since the hair that i’m replacing has multiple textures, and those multiple textures are showing with the hair i replaced so what do you mean by dupicating the textures @ROCKY_southpaw you mean like literally copy, paste and rename the original YTD and just add in the variants like a, b, c, d etc or am i thinking a bit to much into it

Which hair slot are you replacing? (Give the number of vMenu or ESX menu)

I have a question please - when I do my Patreon Pledge can it be under my personal Patreon account or do I need to make a Patreon account for my Server? I’m new to this so I apologize for my ignorance ahead of time.

this is the hairstyle i am attempting to replace

mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_business_hair_000

when i looked into the styles it actually has multiple differentials do i need to change those differentials as well and how would i got about that??

YTD
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_business^hair_000_u
YDD
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_business^hair_diff_000_a_uni

That one you only need to replace the 1 texture from my testing

i’ll look again but when i did it litterally has the original hairstyle over lapping it give me a couple of moments and i’ll give you the actual vmenu number that it is

sounds good

@ROCKY_southpaw
So As you can see this is in slot #20 on my vmenu, I managed to do the step by step guide here with the example hair and it was inputted successfully with no issues. also now with this hair a lot of my hair styles have received texture loss and it’s kinda tripping me out

below is an example of said texture loss

Thank you for your continued help and understanding i greatly appreciate it!

Hmm :thinking: did you try another slot? Or another model? For me I had no issues replacing that slot.

thanks very much helped

Hey,

So I’ve been trying to add custom hairs to my fiveM server for the past 2 days. Followed the tutorial to the teeth, but I can’t make it work.
Resource is getting loaded, I have the exact name for the NVG model, even tried others, the new hairmodel won’t ever load!?
I’ve received help from Pata, who created a bunch of hairstyles… but even then we can’t find out what the issue is.
Did anyone encounter problems with fixes that might help in this case?
Thanks.

I uses it like 5-20 times on a week

still cant figure out how to do this ? any kind soul would help me ?

I did everything right and didn’t give someone could help?

hair:

these look cool.
Thanks for sharing. I’m loving these hairstyles.
regards: hair salon

For Man or male :
mp_m_freemode_01
For Women or Fmale :
mp_f_freemode_01