[How-To] Streaming new hairstyles for characters: Step by Step for dummies (Override method)

As it says in the tutorial:
Note: The ones pictured are not publicly available, they are also not mine to give out. Please do not ask for them. I will link some free resources below.

1 Like

Solid tutorial :slight_smile: I’ve applied the same knowledge i learned from this into just adding normal clothing. I’ve also started my own spreadsheet as well lol.

I really appreciate this guide a ton. I can’t thank you enough.

you’re welcome!

Thank you!! You helped me a lot!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Shelby awesome tutorial as allways, I have a issue with these guide, on my server there is a issue when a girl puts a helmet on with streamed hair, check the print.

Do you know how to fix it?

1 Like

Sorta unfixable, i’ll be honest - Some flags can change how hair behaves but custom hair doesn’t usually ‘shrink’ the same way vanilla hair does.
You can use this script or a derivative of dpClothing+ (1.0.2) Clothing Variations and Toggles (Gloves, Vest, Top, Hair, Bag and more) to set ‘alternate’ hairstyles for your longer custom hair that are GTA standard - so if people wanna use helmets and masks they can do /hair and put their hair up :slight_smile:

mp_f_freemode_01_female_heist^hair_000_u.ydd
mp_f_freemode_01_female_heist^hair_diff_000_a_uni.ytd

mp_f_freemode_01_female_heist^hair_diff_000_a_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_heist^hair_000_u

qual está correto ?

qual está correto ?

english please to help you!
sorry im to lazy to use the shitty google translator XD

she make an excel docs with all the clothes look at the picures above ^^

2 Likes

How would I go on if I want to add custom hair without replacing any?

2 Likes

I would also like to know it.

im stuck on step 5 which folder is my resource folder and with one is my server config where would i find them

i chose a male hair and it is only available to female in game??

change any F’s to M’s. Looks like you followed my tutorial and made it female hair, not male.

mp_m_freemode_01_male_heist^hair_diff_000_a_uni

there are no F’'s

Are you sure you’re looking at the right slot?

That one is correct as it replaces the night vision goggles. https://i.imgur.com/aZL1JmK.png

Is it possible for us to stream hair styles in another person’s server? Or will I have to create my own? I can’t find a tutorial for that anywhere other than the ones for your own server.

So on the rare occasion a hair has more than one texture, you would need to replace all of them.

Take mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines_hair_000 for example. The model that’s being replaced is still:
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_000_u.ydd

Except it has multiple textures:

hair_diff_000_a_uni
hair_diff_000_b_uni
hair_diff_000_c_uni
hair_diff_000_d_uni
hair_diff_000_e_uni
hair_diff_000_f_uni

so you have to replace them all with the new texture like so:

mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_a_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_b_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_c_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_d_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_e_uni
mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_f_uni

Which you can do just by duplicating the texture you’re replacing x amount of times. Most just have 1 texture though so in most cases it will just be replacing mp_f_freemode_01_female_freemode_valentines^hair_diff_000_a_uni.

So like could anyone be that Super saiyan hero we all need and Make a How To Video because I followed the steps to a Tee and pretty sure it didnt work? Place and thank you!

in regards to my last reply i’ve got it figured out, however now it seems that since the hair that i’m replacing has multiple textures, and those multiple textures are showing with the hair i replaced so what do you mean by dupicating the textures @ROCKY_southpaw you mean like literally copy, paste and rename the original YTD and just add in the variants like a, b, c, d etc or am i thinking a bit to much into it