[How-To] Stream clothes and props as addons, for MP Freemode models

So, has anyone tested the .ymt limits for b2545?

1 Like

Ummm, yeah there is a way, just do it like its described in tutorial :stuck_out_tongue:
I don’t know how do you upload resources to ZAP because I didn’t ever used it, but just do it the same way as you do usually :smiley:

I didn’t test it yet, but Rockstar adds two new .ymt’s in each DLC, so in 2545 limit should be 2 additional ymt’s per ped

1 Like

2 additional that I can stream, or 2 less that I can stream?

2 Likes

Actually both, because 2372 had limit of 4, so now it is 2 less than last limit, which means only 2 additional :smiley:

2 Likes

Sooo back at this again and now I have seperated the male and female into their own DLC’s… but the male one is NOT WORKING! :cry: In the male .meta file I have changed it to call the male ped… it crashes the server… change it to call the ‘female’ ped and it doesn’t crash the server but none of the clothes load in. Please help. :laughing: I’m at a loss for what could be causing them to not load when the female one works perfectly fine.

Also I’m using the 2372 version so I should be good with the amount of ymts…

1 Like

Hey man! Thank you for the amazing tutorial.
Is there any way to make so the addon clothes are placed at the start of the standard clothes, or can I only make it work in the end? In this tutorial, it’s placed in the end:

2 Likes

The only crash that I’m aware of, is because of .ymt limit, hard to tell anything without seeing files, if you want you can send me your files on forum DMs, I’ll look into it.

As far as I know, “gtautil method” is editing mp_m_freemode_01 ymt, so you would have to edit it to have your files at the beginning of the list. Addons are always at the end and there is no way to change it

2 Likes

You can edit the ymt of any base or any dlc to put it in the stream folder after saving, so you can put in free space anywhere, but the numbering slips.

1 Like

I’ve done every step contained in the tutorial and all worked. But not for p_head. I’ve done the steps you said at the end of the tutorial.

• ydd: “mp_f_freemode_01_p_tutorial_clothes^p_head_000”
  • ytd: “mp_f_freemode_01_p_tutorial_clothes^p_head_diff_000_a”

Did i miss something?

1 Like

Your YMT shouldn’t have _p in it, if the DLC name is “test_helmet” then the YMT should just be mp_m_freemode_01_test_helmet.ymt

2 Likes

I don’t think it has any effect as long as it’s written the same in the “meta” file. I’ve also tried removing the “_p” and it doesn’t have any effect

1 Like

What’s your DLC name in the meta file? If it’s “p_test_helmet” rather than “test_helmet” then the YDD and YTD files should be mp_m_freemode_01_p_p_test_helmet^… etc. If it is then I would remove “_p” from the DLC name otherwise it’ll look confusing with “p_p”.

mp_m_freemode_01_p tells it that it’s a prop e.g. head, eyes and ears. After that, up to the ^, is the DLC name.

1 Like

Also I’d have to test, but if the DLC name included _p then it might confuse the game to be honest for the reasons mentioned above.

1 Like

I did what @grzybeek said at the end of the tutorial. All the steps are the same and slightly different in the YTT and YTD file sections.

• ydd: “mp_f_freemode_01_p_tutorial_clothes^p_head_000”
  • ytd: “mp_f_freemode_01_p_tutorial_clothes^p_head_diff_000_a”

mp_f_freemode_01_“p”_tutorial_clothes^p_head_000.

I’ve also paid attention to every detail in the meta file. Omg I’m so confused rn

1 Like

Show us the contents of your meta file and the names of the YMT, YDD and YTD files

1 Like

2022-01-01 (8)

1 Like

eCharacter should be “SCR_CHAR_MULTIPLAYER”, yours has _F on the end which is for the female freemode ped

1 Like

I also put on a men’s shirt and using “SCR_CHAR_MULTIPLAYER_F” it still works. I also tried deleting the “_F” in the “test_helmet” file but it didn’t work.

1 Like

Hi,

I currently a problem where some clothing (mainly shoes) to jitter) and my neck doesn’t stay connected. Is this normal?

Thanks

2 Likes

That’s because model is broken (or made wrongly), my tutorial or tool has nothing to do with it

1 Like