[How-to] Stream addon props

you just need to rename the custom file to the prop you want to replace then put them inside a stream file and an empty __resource.lua, just like replacing cars or weapons

1 Like

I really appreciate the prompt response, will try it right now. Thanks a bunch

As you offer your help for custom props add on. I realy have a question. we installed everything like that, just one question. All the .ydr files, do they need to get changed to .ydt simpley by renaming them, or in any other way, or not ? Because i think it works but we dont know how to insert the texture files exactly :slight_smile:

thanks very much.
lolface

I don’t really understand what you mean but if it helps you can check my example here: https://github.com/utkuali/pacificheist-ESX-/tree/master/[UTK]/utk_ornateprops
If that doesn’t help I want you to explain it to me more clearly :smiley:

So we tryed to add everything as explaned here, but still we just see all objects we would see without the pack too. So still the half of our Map is missed (i will link it).
If we want to load the map in singleplayer map editor it only works with the custom props addon, when we extract the world, convert them to yml and load it into FiVEM, exactly those parts of the maps are missed.

And also some of the textures get invisible if i get close to them

Thanks for the tutorial

thx <3

Can you explain how to use that please ? I am not a full script person

I am in need of your help maybe we could talk in discord dms

Hi everyone! Thank you for the tuto. I’m still stuck when I have to use the command prompt even if I correctly copy-paste my path.
I have this error message
FR - 'ytyp, n’est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un programme exĂ©cutabe ou un fichier de commandes."
EN - 'ytyp, is not recognized as an internal or external command, executable program, or batch file. "

Can someone help me. Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you it works!

How did you do it. I followed the tutorial to the letter and added them to scene menu but they won’t load

Download gtautil. Add the folder containing the gtautil exe file to the system path OR open CMD and navigate to the directory containing the gtautil exe.

now run the command:
gtautil genpropdefs --input C:\PathToFile\stream\filename.ydr --output C:\PathToDesiredOutputFile\stream

This will output the ytyp file to the output directory you specified in your command.

1 Like

So, I was attempting to use those props and try to stream them into a ymap for my FiveM server. Once I had the OIV downloaded in open IV, I pulled all the props + the ytyp that came with it, put them in a folder just like my mb_addons. Then using codewalker, i made a small test map with said new props.

However, when it came time for seeing them in the server, nothing appeared from the new pack (all items from MB_Addons appeared though).

Would any of you know why MB_Addons work but not these?

Did you find out how to do this yet?

Mb addons include a detailed ytyp file as that one doesnt, it also has the ytd files, that one does not, its a matter of rebuilding the mod or finding someone that has done it.

Yup i got it working a few days after this post, then made a drag track map :smiley:

how did u manage that? I tried streaming a few custom props and i get the collision but not the texture

Which one should I specify if the server is on the host?
ytyp --genprops --directory “C:\Users\NGD\Desktop\fxserver\resources\props\stream”

Hi, excuse me ! How did you fix that ?