[HOW TO] Stream Add-on Weapons

A few new discoveries regarding weapons. Updated tutorial coming soon.

Video when? Im so confusedā€¦

Hi, followed this tutorial pretty closely and still cant get my gun to show up ingameā€¦ I honestly have no idea where i screwed up

Greetings! Iā€™m struggling with adding any weapon in my server. Here is what I did:
Copied the following metas from openiv: weapons.meta, weaponcomponents.meta,weaponarchetypes.meta,pedpersonality.meta, created a __resource.lua as instructed.
Changed all of the names, yes iā€™m sure i used CTRL+F to replace everything and double checked manually afterwards, Added my weapon in weapons.meta (did not delete anything), added the ytd+ydr in the stream (yes they are not + just normal ones) But it still does not work, also you mentioned deleting everything except the weapon we are creating from weapons.meta, i tried and probably deleted something i shouldnā€™t have and the server kept crashing lol. Would really appreciate if you could drop a link to your weapons.meta so I can just change it with other weapons. I have no other meta files other than the ones described. Everything was copied and put in the resources under a newly created folder called Weapons. And finally i tried with the manifest version you gave and the one i found in google to be the current one. Will really appreciate any help as Iā€™m out of luck!

Is there a way to rename the weapons on the weapon wheel if possible? i want to do it for my fivem server!

Try changing the weapon name in every meta file that you are using, some are using short abbreviations
Can I ask you to get up a template please ? Iā€™m struggling with another problem but might be able to point what you are looking for and vice versa, we can help each other

How can I add pictures and names to my weapons?

A template would only make the process more confusing. There are a lot of settings within the weaponā€™s meta that has to be attuned to a certain weaponā€™s style. You copy the meta information of the weapon you are basing your add-on weapon (example: Importing a replace for the Assault Rifle as an add-on, you would copy the Assault Rifleā€™s Meta info to the META file(s) you are adding, and edit it from there. Names?
in Weapons.meta file:

<HumanNameHash>WT_PUTSOMETHINGHERE</HumanNameHash>

in a client script, do

AddTextEntry("WT_PUTSOMETHINGHERE", "Weapon Name Here")

Pictures? not so much.

Alright I figured it out, in your other tutorial for names you have forgotten the ā€™ ā€™ before and after WT.
Although I have 1 last question, any idea/tutorial on how to stream thrown weapons? They are quite different than the rest so Iā€™m not sure exactly how to do it

I need to create an addon weapon with minigun animations ā€¦ I just donā€™t know what to touch in the animationsā€¦ Can you help me? pls

Iā€™m trying to edit only the damage / headshot distance of some specific weapons, the problem is that in the same ā€œweapons.metaā€ file, some weapons apply the modifications and others ignore them. Any solution for that?

can you make a video please I dont understandā€¦

Can you show me where to get the meta file? If possible, the instructional clip is good

Hi. Iā€™m struggling here. I canā€™t find the pedpersonality.meta file for the CARBINERIFLE. I found all other files but no luck with this one specifically. Only specific weapons have a pedpersonality.meta file it seems. Can someone help me here?

the pedpersonality file is found at GTA V> update > update.rpf > x64 > data >metadata. itā€™s a .ymt file so youā€™ll have to convert it to a .meta

pd: forgot i can attach images so here it is xd

1 Like

iā€™m having the same issue with every weapon added, the magazine glitches, it looks like my ped is holding the magazine with his right hand, while holding also the grip. itā€™s really strange and iā€™ve tried a lot of things and it keeps glitching, even with different weapon models

1 Like

I have the same problem ā€¦ were you able to solve?

Hi friend, I didnā€™t quite understand how I create weaponcomponents.meta, can you help me create or send me the template? Iā€™m really confused

Hi everyone! I love this tutorial thank you for that first of all.
I want to know before to start it. Where I can find in OIV the weapons. Iā€™ll can those files ā€œakpā€ etc etc
thank you for your time