[HOW TO] Stream Add-on Weapons

Blame Rockstar, not me :joy:

3 Likes

Do i have to delete other Gun info on these meta file ? or i have to leave as itā€™s ?

1 Like

good evening, thank you for your tutorial it is great, but itā€™s been at least 1 hour Iā€™m looking for the weapon akp.meta in openiv I do not find it, or I can find it

1 Like

Weaponakp.meta is the weapons.meta, just renamed.

Mentioned that in the tut now so people donā€™t get confused. Sorry bout that.

1 Like

Erase everything,otherwise youā€™ll be streaming base weapons, and get duplicate weapons when you spawn one.

1 Like

no problem, thank you again for your tutorial I would try his

1 Like

took some trial and error, but finally got it working, thanks op for the detailed tutorial and explanations :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice! +10

1 Like

Iā€™m very curious, will this work for add-on vehicles that have special weapons as well?
(Yeah I know, try it and see)ā€¦ Rather ask first.
I have a jet that has ā€œspecialā€ weapons other than just rockets and machine guns.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yes, it can work for vehicle weapons too, but you will want to stream those weapons with your vehicle(s). Only weapons.meta and weaponarchetypes.meta for vehicles as well.

1 Like

good evening, I followed your tutto, it works nickel my weapon appears but I want to shoot the animation of the player hangs and impossible to shoot (screen)

1 Like

The problem is I cant find meta files for pistol and combatpistol ? How would I add Glock 17 tho

1 Like

For some reason I cant find pistol.meta and combatpistol.meta files. Everything else is ok

1 Like

Those are not in separated METAā€™s. The one youā€™re looking for is called Weapons.meta, located in common/data/ when in OpenIV. (If you didnā€™t know)

2 Likes

**Yesterday I worked on it like more than 6+ and I gave up. Now I am gonna try again. I already worked on the meta file you talk about. It has about 800 kb size and its called weapons.meta . But in your screenshoot you do have akpmeta which means you changed the meta name probably and it has 77 kb size. Now I have all meta files these are required . I am gonna do what you say but I am also confused about what to do with weapons.meta . **

2 Likes

I succesfully added glock17 to server. But I cant see it in TAB menu but I see it in f2 inventory. Can you please share the files for glock if you have ?

2 Likes

Could you please answer and help me please ?

1 Like

Hi, i wanted to know if i can stream the weapon.meta with edited value the ā€œcurrentā€ weapon ingame . Is it achievable ?

1 Like

Add-on weaponā€™s donā€™t have a name or icon stuck to them. You can do the name, but Iā€™m not sure about the icon. Since the gun didnā€™t exist before, you would have to set up the files to read another icon. And no I have not done this myself. But for the names; I have the tutorial for that.

1 Like

Yes it is possible.

2 Likes