How to specify the installation location of RDR2 when no dialogue pops up

RDR2 version? Hard to tell, won’t launch.
Up to date? No - need to specify new location for game files in order to update.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit, obviously. What kind of idiot puts in writing that they pirate software?
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) Nil
System specifications Not a system issue
What did you do to get this issue? Tried to launch RedM after moving game files
What server did you get this issue on? Ranch RP
Latest CitizenFX_log file NA
.dmp files/report IDs NA

Basically, I need to know how to specify a new filepath of the game when RedM gives me no option to do so. Is there a file or something I can edit? Thanks. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling RedM and it automatically defaults to the old game file location.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

By default it installs to C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\RedM where username is yours. So if your PC name is “todd” it would be C:\Users\todd\AppData\Local\RedM

You can copy the entirety of the folder and put it where you want with no issues. So the installation is where ever you want it to be.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.