How to setup FXserver for LAN only gameplay? key problem

I don’t know how things are with the latest client version of FiveM because the last time i tried it was about a year ago. I just started now by configuring the new FXServer and was stopped by that issue.
Anyway with the Client version from about a year ago I had no problem connecting to a LAN Server offline. It just didn’t show all these other online servers - just my own LAN server, and everything was fine.

Are you telling me now, that this is not possible anymore, because the Client and Server strictly requires online to work offline?

Edit:
just to elaborate a bit further: it was of course possible to use FiveM offline earlier, AFTER it had downloaded everything needed online ONCE.

I don’t think that this is possible.

That would be very sad if true :frowning:

That means an end to our way of playing FiveM, just due to the new key system which is only relevant when setting up the server for public/online gameplay…

Couldn’t they provide a solution for LAN server/games only?

Just play online? And use a whitelist script.

we have no internet at home. i can only get online at work, load some things on the laptop there and hope it will work offline with my dorm mate at home.

As the element said… You can’t run the client offline, therefore even if you did get the server to run offline, you wouldn’t be able to connect because the client would not.

why can’t I run the client offline? didn’t it have the same option as rockstar games social club with “go offline” and you can play GTAV offline then?

No. If you want to play regular GTAV singleplayer, then simply just start GTAV and go offline. However, FiveM doesn’t allow an ‘offline’ option.

Thats very sad. Why doesn’t it support going offline/LAN mode? I mean, that’s not that much of a technical question because it would work out of the box, it’s rather a political question to allow it.

I believe (could be wrong) it’s got something to do with game validation. Again though, not 100% sure on that one.

if you validate the game (part of FiveM setup*) then as far as i see could you not just download an older version of the server somewhere around version 400 and use that?

• Internet required to setup and install FIveM but direct connect over lan should be possible after setup shouldnt it?

If the client can’t run offline, you can’t connect :wink: :mascot:

Let’s assume you are right and it’s currently NOT working offline.

How about changing this fact?

How about allowing going offline after the first run and then allow offline/LAN gameplay?

Regard this as a feature request! Because the official game also allows offline gameplay. Why shouldn’t we (w/o internet at home) not being able to play the game offline on LAN?
Please think about it first, before you neglect it easily.

It doesn’t. It requires revalidating the entitlement block every 3 to 7 days, depending on the mood of the R* game services.

We simply pass through the R* entitlement token, and therefore can’t change this value without FiveM becoming a crack.

Again, this is not our decision to make.

1 Like

If FiveM just makes a pass through, why doesn’t it allow these 3-7 days offline usage of the R* services too?
I mean, this move from R* not allowing unlimited days (like steam) still sucks… but it’d still be better than nothing!

it does, except you’ll have to use an older server version, and/or set sv_lan if that was actually tied to the key code.

could you give me a bit more detail on how to get this working?

which server version do I need? FXServer is obviously not working due to the newly introduced key system.
and what’s the matter with the sv_lan config setting? what does it do and how is it tied to a key (which?)

and how do i get the FiveM client to “go offline”, save the entitlement? i mean in the official SC client i can choose to go offline from a menu, how would this work on FiveM?

According to this topic quoted below, server versions from 426 and up require a server license key. So try something below that.

Probably one way to do it is to log on to FiveM when you have an active internet connection, and either keep it open or re-open it within 3 days for it to work. I haven’t tested this but guessing from the comments above it sounds like this could work.

This is along the same lines as what i was saying. it should work as it does not do a network connection check as far as i know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.