How to setup a RedM Server

I love you. I mean that seriously, from one server admin to another. Worked like a charm.

3 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to try this out.

Hmm, maybe I am just stupid or this is not working for me. I have done everything it says to do but when I try to run the start command, it gives me an error saying can not find sessionmanager-rdr3 and it also says that my server.cfg does not exist along with I do not have a license. Which is all a bit weird because I do have a license and the server.cfg does exist. If you know a fix to the problem please let me know. I might just be being stupid.

You are not using the latest cfx-server-data. As you can see, it’s there https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data/tree/master/resources/[system]

This usually happens because you are not in the right folder when launching the server (step 9 on Windows). Make sure you are in the server-data folder (which also contains the server.cfg)

What do you mean by this? Like have that folder opened in file explorer?

No, please read the tutorial again. To run a RedM server you require basic knowledge of the Windows command prompt or Linux terminal, as said under Requirements. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms discussed in the tutorial, please learn about them on websites specific to that subject.

If you follow the tutorial “to the T” you won’t have this issue.

2 Likes

The config is flawed by design. I don’t know if this is the same still used by the fivem docs but the endpoints should be defined at the end of the config so all scripts are initialized before the opening up the floodgates for people to connect to the server. I suggest revising the example config you posted.

I didn’t put the . at the end but I didn’t get any error:

D:\servers\RedM\server-data>git clone https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data
Cloning into ‘cfx-server-data’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 796, done.
remote: Total 796 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 796
Receiving objects: 100% (796/796), 3.44 MiB | 25.15 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (336/336), done.

Is that ok?

No, because now you have the following -> D\servers\RedM\server-data\cfx-server-data

This can be problematic for the rest of the steps. If you’re comfortable with what you’re doing, it’s fine.

1 Like

Would you mind posting a config like yours is currently?

The config file is perfectly fine.

Seems some people don’t understand this is not how the cfx servers run anymore. Go into the server-data folder then cut the resources folder/server.cfg and put it in the server-files folder. You will have that problem fixed. My current problem is the nucleus wont authenticate for me lol, so annoying.

Could you please add the step for Windows I do not know if this works for Linux but, you NEED to transfer the contents of the server-data folder into the server-files folder in order for the server to discover the resources. The server.cfg file needs to also be in the server-files folder or if you want to be smart and simplify it just make a RedMServer Folder and transfer all the files from the server-files/data folders into that one folder then the server will start with your run command without issue.

Just make a new server directory/folder and put all the files from the server-files/server-data folders and the server will work. Your server folder should look something similar to this after you run it for the first time. https://imgur.com/a/byIXWSl

No you don’t. If you do, then you are not running the server correctly. You first need to be in the server-data folder and then run <path-to-server-files>\run.cmd +exec server.cfg

It has been like that for years and 100% guaranteed did not change.

1 Like

I run my FiveM server this way and have no issues.

I have been getting this when i run the server
Reauthenticating with Nucleus…
Authenticating with Nucleus failed! That’s possibly bad.

1 Like

same, everything seems ok beside the “Nucleus failed!” spammed in the console.

1 Like

That’s just an intermittent issue due to Nucleus being unavailable at the moment. It’s not fatal.

It was also tweet about https://twitter.com/_FiveM/status/1210552802856058881

superbe… no problem there… after looking around the forum it seem that way

also i do not believe i discovered the release of RedM today at 1am… and now everything works… (thank you FiveM server experience.) The Release section is so young… :slight_smile: