How to set custom variables and get the player ID (Serverside)

Hi guys!

I’m fairly new to FiveM development, so any suggestions are welcome!

Right now my script loads user variables from a mysql database when the player is connecting. However, I can’t find a way to store them. Should I store them client-side (but how would I then communicate player variables across clients?)?

As the server is ‘centralized’ I thought that would be a common place to store server-wide variables, even if it is for players only. Later on I will need to add factions. So perhaps I’d need to save faction-information in a server scope aswell?

Right now my script retrieves the mysql user row and adds it to a list of players (custom list). I can’t find a way to retrieve the ID of the player, as it obviously is a client ID. So therefore it makes no sense to add the player in a server-side list without a player ID. I guess there is no way to trigger a client event and send the client player ID to the server in the same scope?

I’m sorry if this sounds vague, I’m desperately trying to find methods/constructs on how things work. I hope you can give me some direction. I’m writing my client and server code in C# by the way.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like