[How-to] Optimize texture size | Fixing oversized assets | Bring any texture dictionary under 16 MB physical memory FASTER

Hello everyone this is a faster way of doing what tigo described here [How-to] Optimize texture size | Fixing oversized assets | Bring any texture dictionary under 16 MB physical memory

you need

BEFORE WE START MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP

Step 1: get all your files (YOU ONLY NEED THE YTDS) in a folder and move them into your GTA 5 directory

Step 2: Open OPENIV and go into the folder
Step 3: Turn on edit mode and click ctrl + a and then right-click and click export to open formats and make it export to a folder
Step 4: Open XNRESIZE and click add folder then select the folder where you just exported to
Step 5: Click actions and use these settings

• Option 1: Extra performance:
  • Option 2: Performance (doesn’t always get it under 16 MIB):

Step 6: Click on output and put these settings (directory doesn’t matter):

Step 7: Click convert and wait… after its done just close XNResize
Step 8: Go to where you just exported the textures and open that then open the folder that has the original textures: https://beta.iodine.gg/aheh9.png
Step 9: Drag and drop the resized textures to the original ones:

Step 10: Open OPENIV and go back to the original folder with all the ytds:
Step 11: Make sure edit mode is on and right-click on the empty white area and click import open formats: https://beta.iodine.gg/g6c2j.png
Step 12: Select the fodler we just drag and dropped the textures to (The one with the otd files)
Step 13: Click ok on the prompt and that’s it
Troubleshooting

• My textures are glitching:
    It is possible that textures will glitch when they are resized to 50%. Do not resize them but leave it in the original size (100% instead of 50%). If these textures still glitch, replace them with the original .dds file.
  • Quality is disappointing:
    You can always replace a texture back with the original .dds file, try to resize as many files as possible using XnResize. If you have a car with e.g. liveries and the quality is disappointing, put the original liveries in XnResize and don’t adjust the size (keep 100%). If the quality is still disappointing, replace it with the original .dds file (NOTE: can increase the file size again).

Keep in mind that this is a way to reduce textures more easily and optimize your server. Textures can lose quality or change their appearance. First try to convert the file again but don’t change the size, If it remain bad, then replace it with the original file.

tags ignore: texture loss optimise fivem server how to optimise fivem server how to fix texture loss falling thru map city bug optimize

9 Likes

Insane ty

not sure if im doing anything wrong (following step for step) but every time i get to the last step i always get this error

yes its because these files are 4px and when you resize them they go below the limit which is 4px so just use the original textures from the ytd

2 Likes

For ymaps, is there a way to lower the YDR ?

1 Like

i dont think so unless you find a tool for exporting the textures

ah ok, thank you

Any idea why OIV would export to otx instead of otd? Can’t follow this method because I don’t get OTD’s and it won’t accept the OTX’s :frowning_face:

Hmm that’s weird I have no idea. But you only need to optimise the .dds files you don’t need to touch the otx/otd files

Thanks <3

3 Likes

this is rocket science

i just want to make the performance better by optimizing my eup stuff but this is so confusing

this is serverely under explained and the tutorial just skips steps

images dosen’t load for me, is someone who can see them? or any solution to find how to use this?