[How-to] Install .meta & .xml

This is a list of where to put modded GTA5 files instead of in a mods folder. All of your mods should now be installed only in your FiveReborn Directory. Feel free to add more file locations and i’ll update the list.
**Note! Sound mods are not supported by FiveReborn so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Visualsettings.dat
'citizen\common\data'
  • Handling.meta
'citizen\common\data'
  • Carvariations.meta
'citizen\dlc\dlc_mpChristmas2\common\data'
  • Vehicles.meta
'citizen\common\data\levels\gta5'
  • Carcols.ymt
'citizen\platform\data'
  • Gameconfig.xml
'citizen\common\data'
  • Weapons.meta
'citizen\common\data\ai'
  • Different timecycles
'citizen\common\data\timecycle'
  • Different effects
'citizen\common\data\effects'

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’m about to post something similair, please hold. :wink:

Great job though!

nicely done we gotta make tutorials on how to install mods for people, thanks to this i now made VisualV work inside citizen , 2 i made another custom carvariation location , dlc_mpapartment, just need the context.xml and then all the other files work also , gameconfig.xml works for addons also

@Boss Saw that! But yours was much better!

@Levo said in How-To Install Mods Clientside After Update:

@Boss Saw that! But yours was much better! I’ll delete this and link people to yours if asked instead.

Restored. Since my posts actually links to this one…

@Boss Oh! Sorry!

@Levo and the content.xml?

@pipje2001 Hmmm, good question. Maybe just in the citizen folder.
@Boss Do you know?

@Levo this is my problem: https://forum.fivereborn.com/topic/2563/add-on-problems

@Levo @Boss when i put the content/setup2.xml in the citizen folder it crashes with ‘‘invoking 0xc2471be7’’

@pipje2001 So then i think you probably cannot edit those files yet. But i’ll wait til Boss has answered before i say for sure.

@Levo well i managed to break the system a bit, i putted the content.xml and setup2.xml in the ‘‘citizen\dlc\dlc_mpChristmas2’’ folder wich made it start up without error’s but when i try to spawn the model it says ‘‘failed zib call’’’ but when i look at the log it was downloading the files from the server :slight_smile: so we are getting closer (i think)

@pipje2001 where is it located? Like in the game itself?

@Boss where is what located?

failed zlib usually states that the ytd or model itself is not compatible with the stream too big of a size

@GanjaMonster nah i don’t think that is the problem with this

what about trains.xml file?

3 Likes

Anyone know the correct way I can stream mapzoomdata.meta in the correct format that will work?