[How-to] Host FiveM's voice chat (mumble) in another server

on same linux server im running 2 FXServers
the first FXserver installed my resources actually im using qbcore also have pma-voice added
config on the first FXserver and port is 30120

setr voice_externalPort 30000
setr voice_externalAddress x.x.x.x
setr voice_externalDisallowJoin 1
setr voice_useNativeAudio true
setr voice_useSendingRangeOnly true
setr voice_defaultCycle "GRAVE"
setr voice_defaultVolume 0.3
setr voice_enableRadioAnim 1
setr voice_syncData 1

second FXserver installed pma-voice and started the server on port 30000
here is the config

setr voice_useNativeAudio true
setr voice_useSendingRangeOnly true
setr voice_defaultCycle "GRAVE"
setr voice_defaultVolume 0.3
setr voice_enableRadioAnim 1
setr voice_syncData 1

im doing it right ?

is this works ?

Hi AvarianKnight,

So I added all of the convars but no audio passes when to players. What am I doing wrong?

Can someone make a video tutorial and explain it?

1 Like

The radio voice works fine, but when you are next to someone the voice does not work. What can be?

Hello. How can I prevent people joining the Mumble server with Mumble client and trolling other players?

This works quite well, but you need to have the same amount of channels as your highest player server ID is. For example, if you have server ID 2500, you must have 2500 channels. I have refered more on that here: Mumble logic

I could make it working external using a Mumble server, but if I set it up as a FXserver just with the pma-voice script, I can not connect to the external “fxserver” mumble server.

I made my channels, i can connect to them. But still doesnt listen or can talk with anyone.
Imagine, if my id is 1, i go to channel 1, and id is 2 i go to channel 2
But its like the micro doesnt work. Or something else.
Do i need change something at ini of murmur?

1 Like

For everyone setting up the external voice server using Fxserver. Make sure to set the max clients same as your prod server limit. It might be clear, but I spent a lot of time there :slight_smile: Hope it helps someone

have you managed to find a way to mute players when hosting the voice server on a different fxserver by any chance?

If I host it on a separate FXServer does that server need like a lot of resources if it’s only used to host pma-voice? Like would 1 gb of ram be enough for that server?

Below is the Dockerfile that compiles, as the repository version is out of date.
Dockerfile

FROM golang:1.17-alpine as builder

COPY . /go/src/mumble.info/grumble

WORKDIR /go/src/mumble.info/grumble

RUN apk add --no-cache git build-base

RUN go get -v -t ./... \
  && go build -o /go/bin/grumble mumble.info/grumble/cmd/grumble \
  && go test -v ./...

FROM alpine:edge

COPY --from=builder /go/bin/grumble /usr/bin/grumble

ENV DATADIR /data

RUN mkdir /data

WORKDIR /data

VOLUME /data

EXPOSE 64738/tcp
EXPOSE 64738/udp

ENTRYPOINT [ "/usr/bin/grumble", "--datadir", "/data", "--log", "/data/grumble.log" ]