[How-to] Fix failed ZLIB call

Clientsided mods are the past now, you can stream vehicle meta files now and there are tools for meging vehicle meta files data with eacother now so I see no reason to why you owuld fuck up your client, I always got an error when messing with clientsided vheicles like init_session and then crash with some error.

Why would you need a tool to ā€˜mergeā€™ them when you can simply have multiple files? Rather one could use a set intersection tool to only get entries that are only in one of two files.

Car mods that I use != car mods that every server needs because I joined it

Who would want to have mods like blacked out taillights on my Ingot, Knight Racerā€™s KITT model for the Ruiner, or the VD90R mod? No one, except me, because iā€™m the only one who drives them. Would be pretty weird to see every Ingot have blacked out taillights, a fuckhueg spoiler, sideskirts and hood scoop, or that KITT spawned in traffic.

Unless you can make a data_folder directive that looks for .meta files, I donā€™t fancy having to manage four sets of data_file directives for every car I implement. So why you need a tool to merge them? Well, itā€™s just easier and faster. It also ensures that the vehicles added have mods visible in the FiveReborn Enhanced Trainer menu. For something that only took an hour or two to make, Iā€™m glad I made it, it was worth every second invested.

Here you go. I havenā€™t tested this new one, but it should work.

Ever seen the resource manifest file in Kngā€™s vehicle pack?

Oh, yes I have. But I forgot about it. Itā€™s an elegant solution indeed. Would still have to check the mod IDs for every car though, to make sure it has vehicle mods available.

Thanks alot man canā€™t thank you enough for this! <3 :smiley:

Hi, im having problems with your method. Im dealing with an A8R8G8B8 format texture and i do not know how to fix that. You say that a 512x512 will crash it but what will not crash it. your method has helped me with other car mods.

Does anyone got this file?