How to create multiple sessions?

So, when I was interested in this mod two years ago, I remember there was no general way of creating player sessions on the server, and all players had to be a part of a single session (there were some ways to kick a player out of a session, but not to add them to another).

I find this feature necessary in order to create the server I want. It should allow some kind of “virtual worlds” or “sharding” where the server determines which players should be connected to each other and also allows the players to move between session, changing the session’s host etc.

So, what are currently the capabilities of FiveM in this regard?

2 Likes

This thread may provide some insight

So, from what it seems, the only possibility is currently to hide players from each other, but I suppose the objects and vehicles would state the way they are. What a bummer. I thought that since the server already maintains a single session between the players that are connected, it shouldn’t be such a problem to simply maintain a list of sessions instead of that.

I may be mistaken about the simplicity of this, but I am honestly surprised a feature like this isn’t in yet. I need this before I can begin to be serious with developing the server I want.