[How-To] Create entitysets within an interior YTYP

Hey guys, first tutorial here so bear with me.

Just going to run you through easy entitysets within an interior. This can be done on a stock standard interior in GTA V aswell as a custom made one which I will be doing in this tutorial.

1. Launch Codewalker, aswell as opening neccassary YTYPs and YMAPs for interior to load.

2. Inside of the project window, Select your ytyp collision then click the ytyp button at the top of the window. From this drop down box select MLO and click “New Entity Set”.

3. Inside of the YTYP in the Project explore scroll down to the entity set collum where there should be a brand new entity set. From here, rename what every you desire and click “Force visible in editor” this way you are able to see what entitys you are putting inside of your set.
    CodeWalker_C5uMQtrwPX

4. Now to add the props (entitys). Select add entity and position and maniplute inside of the interior as normal. Your project and interior should look like this.

5. Now that you have added your entitys you now need to set them to the correct room IDs’ to find a room ID where the prop is, is to open the collision inside of 3ds and use material editor to find out. For my interior I only have 1 room idea so my props will be set to 1.

6. To set room ID’s to props select your prop inside of the entity set project explore and drop down the room button and select the room and ID that they correspond to.

7. Save your YTYP and you are done!

In the near future I am looking to make a topic about streaming in entity sets and turning them on and off inside of a local host and or server.

Cheers guys hope you enjoyed my tutorial!

5 Likes

do you have any other tutorials, but using blender?

Currently I am only using 3DS Max. I have never used Blender. The only reason to use a modeling application is to find your desired Room or ID. Opening the collision in 3DS was just an example of how to do it another way is to go through the normal interior ytyp rooms and find props that are in your desired room and then calculate the room ID that way.

Hope this helped!

1 Like

Nice tutorial.

You can find many tutorials for blender in YouTube.also you can join in sollumz discord for more information.

Hello and Privet

I got this link through Pleb Masters because I want to offer my MLO Interior in two versions, with furniture and without furniture. If I now have an entity sets, what can I do with it and what is it good for? Would it help me further?

Greetings