How to create custom/new interiors?

I saw a few forum posts on people asking how you would go about creating your own interiors, while some of them where not noticed or known by people and others where from a year ago where I can’t seem to make them work. I did see this forum post where someone explains on how to do it; Clone Interior Cells

I tried to do what he said to do by converting all of the xml into the appropriate files but after I tried testing it a few times I couldn’t get it to work. Not sure if it is my own fault or if FiveM has changed. Thanks.

Did you convert the XML to a ymap?

Use this tool: https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/mapeditor-2-ymap-converter

And then following this guide:

I mean if you read the second part of the post I said I already tried that, but I did try it again your way to see if it works and I dunno why but I can’t get it to work still.

You’re right, I missed that part of the post.

As far as I’m aware the process of taking an existing interior and putting it somewhere else in the world in your own ymap still works fine. I was working on one not too long ago that cloned the motel interior multiple times and placed all the clones in a single ymap up in paleto where that motel is. I know there are servers out there that mimicking ‘instancing’ by having players invisible, collision proof, and moved to a different voice channel so that they can share a single interior. That was not what I was trying to accomplish in the clone interior cells post, instead I took the OP literally when they said ‘clone’ so I gave them a process to do just that :slight_smile:

[edit] - I should also add, I’ve tried a few times to create my own ‘interior’ (CMloArchetypeDef) but ended up having FiveM crash as soon as I loaded the ymap. I didnt’ invest a lot of time into trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong or if it’s just not possible at all. I do know modifying an existing CMloArchetypeDef and corresponding files works just fine though. You could completely remove everything from one that is existing and build it back up with all custom models and whatnot if you wanted. This I’ve been able to do just fine.

Yeah, I just figured it out too, OpenIV was able to convert my files so they worked compared to what I was using