[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

how should i add vehicles to garage in database?

Hello can I make one folder with rest of folders with cars and do
start [singlecars]
? PLS help ;x

Yes you can. Make a folder called whatever you like. Inside it make a folder called stream. Put all the ytf and ytd files from all the diffrent cars into that folder. Now you need a meta merger. Use that tool to merge all the meta files for the cars you used. Once thatā€™s done just take the resource file from whichever car folder and put it in the folder you created. Do ā€œstart (your folder name here)ā€ in server.cfg and profit. Donā€™t ask about diffrent steps I described. Google is there and you will find your answers on its first page if you know how to Google.

Discord link is expired:(

Hi, is possible to stream vehicle_names.lua as independent resource?

If so, how should I put multiple entries, like this

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    AddTextEntry("0x97CFED59", "Audi TT S III");
	AddTextEntry("0xF31DCC86", "Dodge Challenger 16")
end)

Looking forward to any answers!

SOLVED: Problem was with ā€œ;ā€ Multiple entries goes without any coma or symbol

Iā€™m having an issue and I could really use someoneā€™s advice one on one I know that sounds kind of weird but I donā€™t learn things this way because it seems too complicated the way itā€™s texted on here, I have a FIVEM server that I have on my VPS thatā€™s already setup now here comes the hard part adding stuff in I am a beginner and I know a lot about 5m just not on adding stuff in so anyways I run a crew and I need to add police cars Iā€™ve been having issues with my ELS which at this point Iā€™m probably going to switch NON-ELS. if anyone has a Discord someplace I can call I would appreciate if someone can help me out, my members are getting agitated and I canā€™t wait anymore I just need to add my cars in so we can have a server running, I was currently having a bud of mine helping me but heā€™s currently on vacation and I need help getting these cars in, I currently read all the info on here and it just seems way too complicated. If anyone can help me out I would gladly appreciate it, I already have the pack of cars I want could really use some help?

I am not getting license plates on my add-ons, I have done the vehicles.meta, carvariations.meta __resorces.lua. the cars work fine no issues I even have els add-ons but no plates lol

How do i get the number after addentrytext those 0x9F05F101 ā€“ Nissan GTR
AddTextEntry(ā€˜0x9F05F101ā€™, ā€˜gtr17ā€™)
ā€“ Range Rover
AddTextEntry(ā€˜0x9F05F109ā€™, ā€˜rsvr16ā€™)

Iā€™m literally here because im trying to get the vehiclelayout.lua for addon vehicles to WORK but they never seem to do so! plz help!

What do you mean they donā€™t? If you add shit in _resource.lua and have the file there, it works. Even rhd cars work, just not in the shops/garages

Well I have one add on pack which is really confusing, it donā€™t have carcols.meta but have vehicles.meta, carvariations.meta, and handling.meta and I am confused at here it give this instead carcols.ymt. what should I do?

Simple. Non of the cars have additional tuning, just the performance ones or window tint, horn etc. No physical parts.
So they all use default modkit and donā€™t need carcols file.

Hi!

Could someone tell me how to name individual car parts by their name instead of NULL?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Does any one else know of any fixes mine does not work?

Hello I try to tune this car but it is not neither the additional parts nor rims neither in the LSC nor on the trainer have already tried many numbers by (carlos & carvariations.meta ) . Does one have a solution for me?

sorry for my english is google translator :slight_smile:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2015-audi-a3-s3

What about dlctext.meta? Does that not matter?

Nope. All you really need is carcols and vehicles.meta. The rest can be ā€œborrowedā€ from gta. Usually you will have vehicles, carcols, carvariations and handling meta files. Optionally you can have a lot of other stuff in there but you dont need any of that to make a car work.

im just starting to dev and i was looking for vid on showing how to add bikes to a zaphosting five m server

Hey you guys, can anyone explain to me why, I donā€™t have the option to put any engine mods/stock gta mods on a couple of carsā€¦ Iā€™m a developer for a server, and was wondering, why I cant put engine mods on 3 vehiclesā€¦ but the rest I canā€¦ can anyone let me know, what I am doing wrong?

How do I get these vehicle hashes?

(the numbers)