How the f*** is this possible?

Hello everyone , i’m really dispointed how you handle the switch from cfx server to fxserver,

i’m not and i won’t whine as many other people did about , i think it’s a great things and will bring us many good option like the one i wait the most (server side in c#) but seriously guy how you do it wihout that such bad documation on it ?

i can’t believe you switch to a system who are not compatible with the old mysql function you made , and even not talk once about it !

no information available for now about how to manage database of course i check the forum ect but no serious topic who give official information and exemple , i even don’t know if i can use a mysql connector lib in c# if fivem will allow it or not

i ask about it 2 time on 2 different topic not even once answer, i know you can’t be everywhere , and there are so much people to help , but we are talking of database guy , most of good script use database access . so please guys fix it !!!

we made no ‘mysql function’ ever?

however, you can use various community contributions as always, such as [Release] MySQL Async Library - 3.3.1

2 Likes

@nitrogen

How you continue to deal with this on a daily basis is beyond me. Thank you for everything you guys do and don’t forget that the silent majority understands this move and isn’t criticizing the team for it.

2 Likes

@SupaCURE as i said in my message , i don’t critic it and don’t whine about i’m really happy we switch on better thing , but i don’t understand why they doing it with that low documentation.

my real life job is IT dev , so i’m used to making project and how to deploy it ect… and by exprience i know you will save a hudge amont of time if you prepare good documention , cause you will reduce the amont of support message in the forum.

you guys have a great project (that why i choose fivem), but forget sometime or lacking of time for bring a clear and complete doc , and less you provide doc , more time you spend on helping people on the forum.

that why i’m a bit frustated to ask 3 time on the forum for have a simple info about database and c# , info i still don’t have…

i hope see what i mean and don’t get mad at me for it.

@SupaCURE anyway the way you come here for just complain about people who try to use fivem is no sens and useless at all , people don’t need kind of comment ,or maybe you can dare saying that and provide help in the meantime , but you don’t so please keep your comment who don’t help anyone for you next.

The whole project is communtiy driven. If you want there to be documentation you are more than welcome to contirbute to the wiki. It should also be mentioned that there was no support for MySQL natively by the FiveM developers.

Others came around and made janky work-arounds that were NEVER going to be supported by the FiveM developers. You used someone’s third party database manager and now that it’s not updated you’re in the hole.

Luckily the new FX-Server allows for some more features when it comes to networking and a better standard can be created rather than jumping on CouchDB or some other proprietary and TEMPORARY third party solution.

The issue is that people are coming onto the forums complaining about a lack of documentation, a lack of support, a lack of this, a lack of that, while the project is 100% open source and community driven. If YOU want something you either need to hope someone comes in and does it before you or you need to do it yourself.

I’d much rather the developers work towards creating new features that aren’t in the game rather than waste THEIR time with something like Documentation. Someone else should join in and do that for them. They don’t have all the time in the world and they’re doing this on their own accord.

so re ask for it , and hoping someone helpfull will light me on it , how can i use database with server side c# script (is any mysql connector in c# will work ?)

@nitrogen thanks for your reply , i look a bit on it , i will use this as last option if i don’t get a way to use c# db access

The official connector won’t for some reason, but https://github.com/mysql-net/MySqlConnector will work fine.

1 Like

@boron so mysqlconnector work with fivem serveside dll ? nice , thanks dude !

@SupaCURE i know why everyone of the staff is angry cause people are mad to have to work agains for switch other plateform , but i’m not that kind of guy and i start my message by saying im not whining about this , that why your first message is really not appriciate .

But things you have to understand and maybe take care a bit more , is documentation is essential in a project made for scripting , (not everyone have a good dev knowledge and use to switch on different plateform or things) . and for be honest , most of people don’t want to share documentation and script cause they had a hard work just for find how to do that or this and naturaly have the feeling no one want to share info , so when they have some they don’t to share it cause it was hard work to find it , it’s stupid i know .

i know making documentation can be feel as waste of time , but seriously it’s not .
and i will be really happy to help fivem making better doc, but it will be after i finish my rp framework for my server (im on 50k of line code right now) and i’m alone to code on it , so i past my whole time to code it . but as soon as i finish it i will of course bring my brick on the wall .

but in the future please don’t bring such comment on people who are already disapionted it only make things worst .

@boron i tried the mysqlConnector and i have a IoFileExecption have you been able to make it work ?

Why not just use MySQL-Async? It’s in the release section.

cause it’s only for lua isnt it ?

but it’s ok i managed to make MySqlConnector work , now i just have to remake all my server in c# ^^

The methods are exported which means that they should be accessible in C#. I don’t use C# so I cant help you beyond that.

You’d need to look into it.

why use C# when you can just use Lua?

cause c# is a real dev langage , lua is just a script langage , and that’s make all the difference.
you can manage many more things and you have better view on object,param ect
i do some interface i couldnt do in lua , same for child/parent class.

i usualy code in java at work , and c# typing is pretty the same.

but whatever the langage you are using , only your dev skill will make good things

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.