How do I create a server audio pack to replace default sound effects?

I’m trying to import some sounds to replace default in game ones. Problem is that every guide I find talks about just modifying the GTAV folder, which means it’s my client only. What I want is to create an server side audio pack to replace in game sounds for everyone who plays on our FiveM server.

So I download the replacement wave files from gta5-mods. They were made FiveM ready having the correct filenames and even the .oac. I thought I’d go through the whole process I found in a video to use OpenIV and this is the process I followed:

1. From OpenIV exctract open audio formats for lightning_strike_01, lightning_strike_02, lightning_strike_03, thunder_roll_01, thunder_roll_02 and thunder_roll_03.I ended up with .oac files and matching folders containing the .wav files.

2. Replace all the .wave files with the ones downloaded from gta5-mods.

3. Using OpenIV import back into the ONESHOT_AMBIENCE rpf replacing all.

4. Create a new resource folder under my FiveM server-data/resources.

5. For all the same items in OennIV, extract the .awc files into server-data/resources/custom_sounds/audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE (I don’t know if the folder structure here matters or not).

6. Create fxmanifest.lua with this:
    fx_version “adamant”
    game “gta5”

files {
    ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE/lightning_strike_01.awc’,
    ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE/lightning_strike_02.awc’,
    ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE/lightning_strike_03.awc’,
    ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE/thunder_roll_01.awc’,
    ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE/thunder_roll_02.awc’,
    ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE/thunder_roll_03.awc’

}

data_file ‘AUDIO_WAVEPACK’ ‘audio/sfx/ONESHOT_AMBIENCE’

The audio of the two is so similar, the new ones a little deeper and richer in the tone. The problem is when I run them I’m not really sure between executions of the game after restarting the server wiuth anb without. The sounds are random adding to the difficulty.

I’m hoping these just override the default GTAV sounds for the RPF.
Can anyone comment if I’ve doen something really wrong, missed a detail, doing anything totally unnecessary?
I’m not sure if I need to extract the entire rpf or if I can patch specific files the way I’m trying. Is create a server side audio pack this way for general audio even possible?

UPDATE:
I went through and replaced all the audio clips in my resource with clips of me singing (very badly), whistling and saying some weird random stuff. What I found was that when connected to my FiveM server and setting the weather to thunder I CAN here my view playing in the background (quite disturbing :slight_smile:) but I can also here the default audio. So my process outlined above does actually work, but it isn’t REPLACING the original audio. Does anyone know how I can force it to override rather than merge?

Did you figure it out?

No, I had to move on to other things.

1 Like