Hotel-uncle-mobile CRASH

GTA V version?
I don’t know
Up to date?
Yes
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
CD version (I log-in through social club on original GTA V, but I use steam for FiveM)
Windows version?
Windows 10 Pro
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
I cleared caches for both the server and the client. Using this tutorial http://www.fatduckgaming.com/index.php?/forums/topic/222-how-to-clear-your-fivem-cache/
I don’t know about caches.xml file though.
Error screenshot (if any)
I spawn a car, it spawns but I should be teleported inside.
https://i.imgur.com/07GGjFv.png
I walk towards it, try to enter it then FiveM on the client freezes and then crashes.
https://i.imgur.com/iaHTlbC.png
System specifications
Server runs locally on my computer.
Windows.
Intel CPU
NVidia GPU
uhh yeah.
What did you do to get this issue?
Install a new car (2 previous ones worked fine)
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2018-honda-civic-type-r-fk8
Spawn it, then try to get inside.
What server did you get this issue on?
Local/Test server
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (110.8 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs
3f03ca6c-c466-422e-8e0b-18cffafe34d3.dmp (5.2 MB)

[Window Title]
Error hotel-uncle-mobile

[Main Instruction]
"hotel-uncle-mobile"

[Content]
A hotel-uncle-mobile caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers. If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details below.

[^] Ukryj szczegóły  [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: fivem.exe+6665BC
Report ID: si-b16cf0a8d9a643b393512dfecc55a772 (use Ctrl+C to copy)

Also add what you already tried so far.
I tried to play around with carcols.meta file and I could possibly mess up something, tried to fix it somehow failing.
In the vehicle files there were some additional files I thought weren’t useful as it wasn’t mentioned in any tutorial I watched. Maybe they are essential? Even if I don’t know where to put them.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Definitely something vehicle related, one other topic stated the following:

This resource apparently lacks a vehiclelayouts entry for some vehicle, leading to hotel-uncle-mobile crashes

A good place to start investigating is to narrow down which car mods cause this crash.

May I ask what is a vehiclelayout? Is it one of the entries inside vehicles.meta?

EDIT: I can definitely tell it’s the new car added recently. It causes the crash after i try to enter it. And the crash first started occuring after I added it. So I guess I should be looking inside the meta files for that exact car?

vehiclelayouts.meta is typically some metadata about a car. Normally you don’t require to add it.

He claims this is caused by the vehiclelayouts file… I guess you can’t do a whole lot to prevent this crashing unles you have the file. Your best bet is looking up some other vehicle or making a detailed bug report.

I can’t seem to find this vehiclelayouts.meta inside the .zip file he attached.
This vehicle I use doesn’t seem to come with a vehiclelayouts.meta…

But then, how did it work before and not now if the vehicle I use didn’t come with vehiclelayouts.meta.
And why does this one vehicle crash but not the others? Is it outdated or is it my fault? If I did something wrong in one .meta file why don’t the other cars cause crashes too? I am quite confused.

Some of the vehicles inside this resource use their own, standalone vehiclelayouts file.

While they’re not typically required (if using already mounted vehiclelayouts), I believe the vehicles from After Hours use a new format or at least new entries, making these files required for certain vehicles.

Oh I found the vehiclelayouts.meta in the car but it’s located inside an ai folder?
Does it mean that npcs can spawn with this car? Because I don’t want npcs to drive modded cars. Only normal players can.

Oh, am I dumb? Does ai here mean artificial intelligence or anim/animation?

AI is artificial intelligence basically NPC’s.

Huh, but there is a folder called ai and inside the file vehiclelayouts.meta that I (probably) need.
But I don’t want any ai/npc’s spawning in modded cars. (If that’s what the folder and the file do) Can I add this file avoiding adding ai/npc’s driving this modded car?

i find with or without it AI tend to spawn with the vehicles regardless unless there add-on vehicles then i believe they wont use them.

replacement vehicles on the other hand AI will spawn with them.

Im honestly unsure what that file does because i have never seen or used it myself.

This is definitely (I think, correct me if I’m wrong) an add-on vehicle (I try to “makeover” a vehicle if it’s a replacement)
So AI shouldn’t spawn with it from what you’ve told me.
But if you never used the vehiclelayouts.meta file then how rare is this error? (Seems quite rare from the amount of threads about this error)

Nope putting a vehiclelayouts.meta file inside the resource didn’t fix it.
Guess the car is broken. shrug
But I’ll leave this thread open for now if anyone will come up with a solution.

I found out how to fix this.

1)Go into the vehicles.meta
2)Find the line <layout>LAYOUT_ID_HERE</layout>
3)Change the layout to what it would be if the vehicle were to be used as a replacement. I’ll give an example.
This example is for a plane, same thing should work for cars.

<layout>LAYOUT_PLANE_VISION</layout>

CHANGED TO:

<layout>LAYOUT_PLANE_VESTRA</layout>
1 Like

And does that work for cars as well? (knowing that a Vestra is an airplane).

@BitCrack Maybe worth giving it a shot, changing the layout id to something else.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. It’s the custom layout that is messing it up in FiveM.

I guess using the default layout should work:

<layout>LAYOUT_STANDARD</layout>

I should unpack that RPF of that gta5mods link in the topic was, see what layout is used.

Changing both layouts in the vehicles.meta and vehiclelayouts.meta doesn’t seem to work.
But changing layout of the modded car in vehicles.meta to LAYOUT_STANDARD “fixed it”. But the hands on the steering wheel look… funny hehe.

Bump, bump