High-End PC low FPS whilst Mid-End PC's on the server has high FPS?

GTA V version? Up to date
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, I even did a full re-install
System specifications
Asus ROG Maximus VIII HERO ALPHA ATX DDR4 3000 LGA
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080
Kingston Technology HyperX Predator Black 32GB
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD SATA 3 2.5
Seagate 3TB IronWolf NAS SATA 6Gb/s

What did you do to get this issue? If I knew, I wouldn’t ask here.
What server did you get this issue on? Cloud City RP, SunriseRP among others
CitizenFX.log file CitizenFX.log.1 (220.7 KB)
CitizenFX.log.1 (220.7 KB)

Alright, so long story short. I’ve noticed that I have between 9-21 FPS on all the servers I play on. Whilst the other players on the same server does not experience the same FPS issues I have, several of my friends have 59-70 fps on the same servers I join. This is the weirdest issue I have experienced so far at least with FiveM. Below I’ll list what I’ve tried to fix the issue.

-Putting all graphics and advanced graphics settings to the lowest values possible
-Letting nvidia set the recommended graphics settings
-Ensuring v-sync was off both in-game and in nvidia control panel
-Ensuring tripple-buffering was disabled in nvidia controlpanel
-Updating the graphics driver
-Joining several random servers
-Running FiveM in windowed, borderless and fullscreen
-Validating my steam files
-Re-installing FiveM

Options i have not tried:
-Re-installing GTAV

Also, this is my first time posting, so please exscuse me if I didn’t follow the template completely.

I hope someone has an answer to why this is occuring, or if i’m lucky… a… fix…

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

do you have client side mods at all?

When you say client-side mods, i’m going to assume you mean for GTA-V and not FiveM, the short answer is, no. But for the install i have for GTA, I have had shaders and mods installed previously, but they SHOULD be gone as i uninstalled them to play on GTA: Online, I also had a mod-menu installed a while back, but also this has been completely removed.

But, in short. This shouldn’t or “couldn’t” be the cause for my FPS bug, as I do not experience the same FPS bug on normal GTA: Online, my immediate thought was that it had to do with the server, so i tried other servers, but also asked people on the server(s) and most of the players are running a stable 50+ FPS, whilst i’m capped around 21…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.