Help with vehicles

Hey Everybody,

Recently I wanted to add some add-on vehicles to my server and so I did, but now I have added 2 vehicles that are green (Like this https://imgvol.cdn.lcpdfr.com/uploads/monthly_2018_05/20180511105937_1.jpg.79d081956cdf3ca537155fc941120fcf.jpg) and other vehicles crash my game (they didn’t crash before). Does anybody now why this is happening and what I can do against it.

Greetings Sam

Hello Sam,
The issue is related to the size of your YTD file. Make sure that your YTD file is NOT above 15.00 Mb. If it is I insist you take a look at the textures in OpenIV and change the compression or size of the texture to make it a bit smaller. For instance, if you added a livery to the vehicle make sure that it is 2048x2048 or Lower in canvas size. You can do this in Photoshop, PaintDotNet or any image editing software.

Hey @Trxspass,

But what about the vehicles crashing, it seems that It has something to do with that resource, because every vehicle from that resource makes my game crash, I reinstalled the whole resource, still no change.

You did not post the crash error you are getting. If you post I may be able to help you. The issue with adding large vehicle packs is you do not know who formed the Metas therefore they could be formed improperly.

Sorry I didn’t post it. here’s the crash code: fivem.exe+f320c5
I used this: ([Release] Quickly merge vehicle .meta files) program to form the meta

You should get a generic crash code(i.e. Kilo-march-papa, Virginia-whiskey-Frank, etc.) are you getting one of these generic crash errors? or just the thing saying to restart your game +f320c5?

The generic crash code was kilo-march-papa

Then you have a referenced handling that is either

1. Not formed well
    or
  2. Doesn’t exist

I recommend changing all of the vehicle handlings in the vehicles.meta to Vanilla handling lines.

This might be the origin of your issue, or at least an allusion to the clue behind the actual reason for why the vehicle add-ons within your resource are crashing your FiveM client.

See these posts:
:pushpin: [Release] Auto Merge Vehicles
:pushpin: [Release] Quickly merge vehicle .meta files

These posts and the information they provide should at least be allusive towards the potential inconveniences and dangers of merging your vehicle add-ons’ .meta files. Personally I don’t believe that anyone should be attempting to install any vehicle add-on in this particular fashion, regardless of how convenient this method may actually appear to be. There are other ways that I believe are significantly more convenient to install vehicle add-ons with than the aforementioned one.

Of course I don’t entertain that particular method of installing any vehicle add-ons within my own resource myself, but that still doesn’t mean that there aren’t other alternatively available methods that you are able to attempt.

Even then, you really should opt to install each vehicle add-on within your resource in a more linear or intuitive fashion as I’ve done in order to minimize or even eliminate the possibility of crashing your FiveM client on behalf of a problematic vehicle add-on. I’m willing to help you do that myself, and shown below is the way that my vehicle resource is structured.

Personally I find it far easier to individually install and manage each vehicle add-on within my resource itself, because I not only have total control over the installation and management of the add-ons themselves, but also the potentiality itself of any issue(s) involving them that may manifest within my server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.