[SOLVED] [HELP] Trying to get "streamed ped" with folder containing parts of ped working in fivem server (link to ped in question below)

This has been driving me insane!!!

As of 8/16/22 this seems to have been solved See here for more info.

I have been trying to get a ped that is structured with a yft file, ymt, and then a folder with the parts of the ped in it to work with fivem, but I am having some trouble. I believe it’s a streamed ped? because it is not like the regular peds I have added to the server before with just a few files. either way the ped in question is here

These screenshots show the folder structure that I am talking about and then the one I am able to figure out (the non streamed ped)

–(main folder of extracted archive)

–(contents of scarecrow folder with ped parts)

I know how to get peds that don’t have this folder of parts working in fivem, such as the BigGoose one by meth0d where it just has a few files but this format is driving me insane, I don’t know what to do with these files in the screenshot above

–(below is the folder structure I am able to put into fivem, I believe it’s a non-streamed ped, whereas the one I am having trouble with is a streamed ped)

1 Like

bump yee

1 Like

I was informed by a friend that this might require EUP to work (you need at least $15 patreon for fivem if I am not mistaken for this, which I have), so I will look into this in the coming weeks.

Didn’t work - still looking for the solution

Did you get these models to work?

Nope… sigh

Might have somewhat of a lead on this, will post back if I find more information

I will be updating this tomorrow with a solution thanks to @nta and @grzybeek. I happened to see a post in the discord from them back in February and it turns out I wasn’t crazy and that these peds didn’t work. They since fixed the issue however with feedback from grzy and so stay tuned for the fix

i guess you did not get the fix to work?

I sorta did but I haven’t had the time to post as I have been busy with other stuff, there’s also a minor issue where it doesn’t show the ped for others but shows for the player using the ped. Haven’t forgotten, just haven’t figured it out 100%.

Any news on this?

I’m afraid you’d have to pay for a Patreon tier for streamed peds to work as I’ve learned the hard way.

I do, and I have peds being streamed - but ‘streamed’ peds don’t work. Those that would have the ‘is streamed’ flag and their own folders do not work, even with Element Club.

I managed to figure out how to get it to show for the user of the ped, but there’s issues with it showing for others on the server. Just follow the format of this example ped scarecrow_repro.zip (8.4 MB) and name the files for the ped you wish to add in a similar manner, with the ^ and such. Use whatever ped name you wish to use though, and rename the entries in the peds.meta with that name too (if you don’t edit the name in the files it won’t work). Since I have moved away from FiveM as of recently, I don’t really have any more to contribute besides this.

Credit to @grzybeek for the partial solution.

No Longer Applies as of 8/16/22

If someone figures out how to get streamed peds to show for others besides the player using it, feel free to reply to this thread and explain how to do so.

Edit 8/16/22 After testing some more it seems the issue with the streamed peds only showing for the player using them and being invisible for other players on the server has been fixed.