Help on Prevention/Detecting "Scripthook Bypass"

Has anyone learned of a way to either prevent or detect a player who may be using a “scripthook bypass” to use a menu on a server and remove/add people to jobs. This problem has been plaguing the server I play and completely been taking away from the RP. If anyone could help please let me know.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response I really appreciate it. Although I believe we have used this before and it disabled our EasyAdmin menu and is there anyway to fix this.

You could exclude easy admin. It’s probably because of NativeUI. Easy admin checks permissions server side I believe, do not a security risk having it enabled. Even if someone injected and accessed it they wouldn’t be able to do anything.

@SaltyGrandpa the OP wasn’t asking about lua injectors. Scripthook bypass is a thing now. It allows players to use client side menus even when scripthook is disabled. I just caught a guy on my server using one. He was dumb enough to admit it. I don’t think he had the full sentence out of his mouth before I had him removed from everything.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
Scripthook needs to completely go imo.

1 Like

I agree. There are some really good server side trainers available, so there is no need for client side trainers. Besides, server side allows us admins to control what is available for the players to use.

1 Like