[HELP] I've tried installing addon vehicles but they wont work in game

Hello all, Im trying to install addon police cars for my server and ive done everything right and they just wont spawn in. Does anybody know how to help me out?

Many Thanks.

Well what have you particularly done to implement your vehicles? Do you have a vehicles.meta, etc.?

Well I’ve just been watching YouTube tutorials and putting the correct vehicle files into my resource folder then going to server.cfg and doing the ‘start custom cars’ thing and it won’t work

Have you also added a correct _resource file etc.?

Not going to lie I don’t know I need someone to talk me through it step by step if you could add me on discord Liamjbtw#6969 maybe you can help

Could you send a screenshot of the folder of the resource? So we know if you have all the files?

depends on where you downloaded the file, whats in it. I am new to this too but mostly its drag file to resources / rename file without -master / add file name to server.cfg. What I am finding is a lot of these cars are out there with wrong file names compared to the vehicles.meta file. I usually ensure the file name first before adding any files and if there is a file name conflict i change the folder not the .meta. Example: downloaded a car file name camaro2018ZL1, opened the meta and it is named 2018zl1. copied that name to server.cfg / changed file to that name. not all car mods work also.