[HELP] Chat Suggestions showing even when no AddSuggestion event

As the title says, having an issue where my chat is adding every single registered command as a chat suggestion. The RemoveSuggestion event doesn’t seem to work either. Test with a few different scripts/commands, same results each time, chat still shows the command as a suggestion.

What am I overlooking or not realizing? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Use this: chat:addSuggestion

That works for adding a suggestion to the chat. My issue is commands are showing as chat suggestions even without using chat:addSuggestion. I can see every command available to my server via chat, as a suggestion, despite none being added via chat:addSuggestion

What chat do you use?

Was looking for others but haven’t found many options.

On lines 161 - 181 on cl_chat replace this:

AddEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', function(resName)
  Wait(500)

refreshCommands()
  refreshThemes()
end)

AddEventHandler('onClientResourceStop', function(resName)
  Wait(500)

refreshCommands()
  refreshThemes()
end)

With this:

AddEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', function(resName)
  Wait(500)

refreshThemes()
end)

AddEventHandler('onClientResourceStop', function(resName)
  Wait(500)

refreshThemes()
end)

Tell me if this works.

Same results - still see all commands :confused:

Do you have a chat resource (paid is plenty fine) you can recommend? I’m not attached to this one by any means, just the first one I found that worked.

Veering WAY into unsupported territory here.

The default chat resource has an API and theme support. It’s not meant to be replaced with random shit such as whatever you linked, or ‘paid resources’, or anything along those lines.

The default chat resource also ‘works’. You don’t have to ‘find one that works’. The default one included with the server-data repo works. Literally.

If you want to disable auto-suggestion for commands you have access to, call removeSuggestion with a delay a bit after, or properly request a change in #general-discussion:feature-requests to have a flag to disable auto-suggestion for commands.

Don’t go all into ‘i want to buy a new chat resource’.