hCaptcha is ass

Look. If CFX Really needs a captcha then go back to google or use invisible Google Captcha/reCaptcha.

hCaptcha is complete ass. You have to do two panels & there is sometimes no images you’re trying to search for.

Anyone else agree?

9 Likes

Go take this up with Cloudflare, we are not given any sort of choice regarding this.

5 Likes

Gonna have to +1 the OP on this one; I legit spent 10 minutes because:

1. The picture that I had to click wasn’t clear enough
  2. I’d miss it accidentally.

I felt like this:

@nta - I think it’s possible to argue that this is turning away traffic from your site. If I didn’t legit love this community, I would have gave up on the captcha. This is potentially affecting your revenue! Fight it mah boi / girl!

2 Likes

https://github.com/privacypass/challenge-bypass-extension @Wetter42 works wonders

3 Likes

thanks <3

Extreme FACTS. You don’t get into the forum unless you complete the captcha and it just seems like they pull images from bubblefuck nowhere and give them the labels “horse, car, boat” and it’s an image the complete opposite.

Again, tell CF these ‘extreme FACTS’.

We can’t disable the CAPTCHA mode for most default origins since the moment it’s off kids notice and start their HTTP flooders again.

Of course, Cloudflare responds back with “It’s up to website owners to determine the proper CAPTCHA levels. Properly configured websites will not have repetitive CAPTCHAs displayed.”

So Cloudflare blames the website owners, website owners blame Cloudflare, hCAPTCHA gets free labor for making everyone’s lives miserable, and nobody is happy!

Use the plugin for chrome its better cuz we just need to verify it once for 30 times

Except if you idle on a Discourse tab, and the active connections eat up your tickets…

I have to agree, especially being an active contributor here and a Patron, this Captcha system is god awful and frankly as of lately I don’t come on here as often. I get the need for security but surely at least make it so Patrons don’t have to deal with this nonsense. Point blank, its getting really old.

Can’t, CF doesn’t have a means to add custom filter logic.

I have found this - which seems to be a good way to deal with it.

https://dashboard.hcaptcha.com/signup?type=accessibility&r=524ad0a33287

Allows you to set a cookie that bypasses the CAPTCHA most of the time.

Im with u. We dont need Captcha. Rn i cannot log in and play FiveM