Got a server up, Now what?! Frustrated!

Hey guys! Hope everyone is well. So im really looking to get assistance with my server! i bought a server from Zap-hosting. I got it up but its just a basic server. i just got some many questions that im not finding the answer to or its complicated. like how to do i change the map and put things on there that i want? We are going for a RP experience from Ambulances,to police. i wanna change our spawn location, i wanna add dealership.how do i add were you need to be revived(since im adding ambulances) just so many questions! i also wanna add whitelisted jobs,The problem, i have NO direction. im actually kinda stumped.! any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Search Google for “[thing you want] ymap fivem”.
Example: “Police station ymap fivem”.

[Tutorial] Change Default Spawning Locations

You’ll likely need a framework for that.

So I’ve been doing everything from the server folder on my desktop, is that just for a local server? I’ve discovered ftpzilla do I need to use that to edit my server?

Are you running a local host server?

To access your Zap one, yes, presumably, unless they specially suggest another way.

Dammit so I spent all day getting a server up and I think I only built a local one. Because I’ve done nothing in ftpzilla yet. Its confusing. I think I built the server for a local host :frowning:

Now I’m confused, surely you realise editing something on your desktop will have no effect on an external service you are paying for?

Either way, if you have any files on your local desktop that you want added to your server, you can transfer then with there with FTP.

I thought by using the server key for the server it was effecting the server . I wasnt sure…