Geforce Experience

Hello.
Last maybe 3 days everytime I start FiveM, Experience overlay just turn itself off for no reason… Anybody fix for it please ?

I can confirm it happens to me lately too, but can’t confirm it is related to FiveM, as I remember it happened to me one time while being on desktop.
Maybe just a GeForce experience bug?

This isn’t a bug, it’s intended behavior since having the GFE overlay active has been proven in crash metadata to increase the number of weird NVIDIA/DXGI crashes. Game code has been doing this for a few years now, it just broke at some point so you may not be used to this happening - there’s some override flag to disable it.

Ideally, I’d suggest using something less invasive for capture, such as OBS’s recording functionality, or Xbox Game Bar.

While I know the number of issues that have been caused recently/in the past regarding NVIDIA, myself and others I know and play with regularly haven’t had any crashes relating to NVIDIA, etc as I’m sure others haven’t as well. Maybe this is just a lucky thing or something who knows.

I know you aren’t an advocate of NVIDIA but others are and are a fan of GFE and may not get those related crashed. 2 days ago pretty well-known YouTubers gave thanks to FiveM/Cfx for what they do and the headache they go through, and with GFE recently and said they use GFE to record and I believe they had to wait for something to be fixed to be able to record as well but don’t quote me on that :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you think it could be viable to add a setting to be able to stop the disabling of GFE? If not I understand that other things need to be worked on and the recent struggles with NVIDIA and would you mind providing the flag in the case of not having a setting?

Read the post, the same one from years ago should still apply.

1 Like

Indeed it does.