Game freezing with no warning

GTA V version? 1.0.2060.1
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Yes
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Running issue, done this multiple times.
Error screenshot (if any) No point to SS. Game will freeze and not give a crash report. I have to use task manager to exit game.
System specifications
Intel i5-9400F
GeForce GTX 1650
16 GB ram

What did you do to get this issue?
It started after I upgraded from one 8GB stick of ram to two 8GB ddr4 sticks.
What server did you get this issue on?
Any server, mainly Aspirant Gaming.
CitizenFX crash zip file
No crash report present.

Also add what you already tried so far.
I have reinstalled FiveM, and GTA 5. these seem to delay how long I can be in the game.

Issue:
I can join the game with no issues, but if I stand still for too long, my game freezes, no crash report, task manager doesn’t even report it as not responding or suspended.
It happens the most when I am editing my character in vMenu MP Ped editor, but it is not the cause.
If I can make it there, after about 15 minutes in the server it freezes, even if I am moving around or nocliping at max speed through the map.

This is a serious issue for me as it has impeded on scenes and my ability to make new characters for new scenes.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Here’s a tip if Task Manager won’t show and your stuck with a frozen game, press your Windows Key + X and create a new virtual desktop. Then press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open task manager there, and close it out that way. Then you can press your Windows Key + X and go back to your first desktop.

I can get the task manager open. My game freezes and task manager thinks it’s running fine. Once I can I’ll upload a screenshot of what’s happening.

2020-10-20 02-16-31.mkv (4.9 MB)

This just occured about 30 seconds before posting this reply.

Yeah Task Manager says it’s fine, it may have just been the GTA.exe portion, and not the FiveM portion of it freezing. Do you have any client side mods installed, like NVE, or something else?

I believe I have the same issue as him, My game is freezing but mine is a lot sooner. It could freeze after I start moving a little bit, or as a GTA Vanilla car is spawned. When I freeze its within 2 minutes of me moving. I do have NVE Installed and I have tried removing it as well as clearing my cache and reinstalling fivem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.