Game Commerce: Private Preview

Hi!

We’ve been working on a means to allow you to monetize your server community by selling single-purchase commerce items on your server. This’ll be the first step towards reducing the restrictions on monetization in the FiveM community.

Now, we’re looking for a few server owners to, well, want to try it in the preview phase.

Requirements

• A (Windows, for now) server with a sufficiently-sized community base and potential purchasers.
  • A few SKUs to consider selling - no recurring or duplicate purchases yet at this time, so they have to be unique licenses.
  • Be able to accept payments on Stripe - do read their ToS and make sure you’re in an allowed country. We may expand to use other services as well if they have functionality for managing third-party money similar to Stripe Connect.
  • Ability to write server-side code to trigger purchases and handle license checks.
  • Ability and willingness to provide feedback.

How to apply

• Email support@fivem.net with the email address associated with your forum account owning the server’s license keys (or mention it in the email!) with the following information:
    • Server name/information
    • Motivation - why do you want to try this out?
    • What you’re intending on selling initially
  • They’ll mention @admins whenever they find one of these!

Comments?

Any feedback can be left here, though please make digressions like ‘why, this’ll ruin the community’ into a separate topic. Also, please, make sure not to spread this information too far out of this group.

13 Likes

Amazing. I don’t want to make a profit off my server. I just want to be able to pay developers for good work. I think this is a good step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Looking alright and a good step moving forward I guess.

1 Like

i support this 100%, i think is the right thing to do as it will help us and our members alot. this will open window to be able to provide our members with items that represent either fivem or our communities, it would be a nice idea to sell for example shirts with our community logo s or brand etc. i would like to be part of this and thank you ELEMENT praseodymium for the opportunity, and as @CakeArmy_Max said “I think this is a good step in the right direction.” :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this applies to out-of-game purchases…

Really not sure, we should check up on this one :stuck_out_tongue:

hey Faxes, so is this something in regards to monetize items in game such as shits or cars? or out of game items ? maybe i misunderstood the element @FAXES thanks.

I wrote a quick and dirty resource for this and it seems to work fine for me. I believe a test mode was being worked on (for Stripe test, fake transaction) and is definitely needed for people deving with this. I ended up using a $1 item and everything was smooth.

1 Like

Honestly that’s not a good idea to do with this. That should be handled through a seperate website such as Teespring. Here’s why:

1. They handle shipping
  2. They have a website setup
  3. You can setup a store easily with tons of different products without fronting an upfront cost of 100 shirts in different sizes not knowing what’s going to be sold.
  4. Quality Assuance - That’s what they do. They sell tshirts.

This is good as long as it is not pay to win. Developers spend a lot of time and money in getting a server up and running while doing this for free, I feel like there needs to be some type of support… It took me 2 months to develop a server build and lots of time learning.

How many of us have actually taken advantage of this? Curious. Not a lot of feedback from us server owners here.

And that’s strange as this is something that a lot of us have been longing for. Are things just going on behind the scenes?

To clarify I have not taken this opportunity… I’ve wanted to see how others were feeling and I’m unsure if most of us are even trying it out… Including myself.

YES. I was looking for this topic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The commerce stuff is 100% for in-game stuff only as you can then check if a player bought it (and then give them a perk or something).

For those that want to try it, feel free to fork my resource and use as you want. It’s very much untested and could eat your first born, though. You also need to be whitelisted (via the announcement about it) or you’ll get an error when loading the resource.

Are applications still being accepted? I submitted mine on the 11th of July and haven’t gotten a reply.

Might’ve gotten lost in the infinite amount of spam ‘whay ban???’ emails the support email gets.

3 Likes

I forgot to tell you about https://forum.cfx.re/c/commerce-preview/48 in my email reply.

I submitted an application back in July. I never heard anything back. But I plan on getting everything setup here in the next month or 2, once I’m done setting up my discourse 100% and getting my fivecommerce resource setup and tested will then I resubmit my application.