[FREE] Theme Selector | Let your players choose their color theme

cuchi_themeSelector

This free script let your players open a menu and change their color theme
Preview video here

This script will evolve over time and do not hesitate to contribute
Well optimised (no jQuery usage or any other librairie for the UI, no client or server loops) → 0.00ms client and server side
All data is saved in the data folder

Download - Github Repo (let a⭐)

Enjoy!

11 Likes

Pretty cool :+1:

1 Like

Neat! Does this also change the color of the waypoint?

Hello, no but I’ll do some research to find out if it’s possible or not.
I will keep you informed :grinning:

1 Like

@anon70864786 re, finded → I’ll commit this as soon as possible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looks dope

New update → 1.1.0.0:

Added the waypoint customization option.

Examples

1 Like

Looks super cool

1 Like

As Officer Tenpenny says in San Andreas, “You work fast, N****!” Awesome work! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hahaha, thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

One minor suggestion I would add, is looking into KVS. This way when the player joins any server with this script, as long as the name of the resource doesn’t change, players can join any server that has this script, and their preferences will carry over. Red theme in 1 server? Red in the other.

@Smallo did something neat with his radio script that is basically bringing the neat feature introduced in GTA Online Cayo Perico heist, and made it so you can show or hide your favourite radio stations; any server with his script, and the settings carry over.

This is his script if you want to take a look and get some inspiration on KVS:

Plus you can also check the FiveM documentations.

Look forward to seeing how you can expand on this. Maybe you could even go as far as coloured player blips?

The KVS stores the players preferences without the need of some SQL nonsense by the way, so it would be purely standalone :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks again for your contribution,

I wanted to store the preferences on the client side but I had not found and I had not continued my research, with your information I notice that it is indeed possible. I’ll see what I can do tomorrow

Awesome! Good luck :smiley::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Pretty Neat!

1 Like

@anon70864786 :eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

New update → 1.2.0.0:

Added support of the resource kvp data storage

1 Like

Does this change the colour of things such as vMenu, EasyAdmin, vStancer? Or just purely things that are in FiveM Basic/No Scripts?

Things like vMenu use their own colors, so it doesn’t change the color in those menus

nice idea ! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Glad my suggestions could help! This resource is awesome and the fact that you did it for free is the icing on the cake!

Happy coding :blush:

1 Like