[FREE] Simple Vehicle lockpicking [ESX]

Niceee :clap:

The minigame looks good too.

1 Like

As i mentioned, it isn’t a locksystem. What it does is lock npc vehicles that have npcs inside, not parked ones. Also about your vehicle locksystem, i do not know how it works. I use my own modifies version of onyx_locksystem, and it works fine for me :+1:t2:

is there a way to let it be standalone with no framework?

Sure, just switch notifications and replace the registeritem in serverside with event. Then i suppose you could add it to a menu etc

Great job, I think it would be better if the animation was changed.

Can you make this standalone like: [PAID] [STANDALONE] Vehicle Lockpicking

nice script! :wink:

1 Like

I was just writing an article on my wiki on why I disallow users using my code/resources or examples in paid content and was looking for some (anonymized) examples to use on how people release ‘stolen content’ without the original author getting anything from it, and the community getting ‘stabbed in the back’ with yet another (WAY to simple) script being behind a ‘paywall’ instead of helping each other and the community grow by sharing experiences and source codes to help each other out.

Then… I came across your two reply’s on the “original posts” of this lock picking system, dude… i seriously could not stop laughing, my wife even came downstairs from the bedroom :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to check out what the hell was going on :rofl:

Thanks man just had to comment this, awesome how you’ve ‘dealt with this one’ :rofl:

Even the part where he just released “his version one” as paid resource and then just releasing a second (again paid) version which was ‘updated’ instead of just updating the first one for the user who have already paid :man_facepalming:t4:

As someone who does professional development this kind of stuff just baffles me.

I’m really not against paid content if people make GOOD stuff and stuff which is worth the money due to it being a decently large resource with own effort, time and research put into it, but these things just ruin it.

Seriously hope that such users don’t mess up the entire community over time by making it one big ‘price battle economy’ with dozens of the same (“stolen?”) scripts behind paywalls, instead of helping each other with sharing knowledge and making the community grow as a whole.

Thanks for being one of them on the front_end of this :wink: (Pun intended :rofl:)

2 Likes

Hah, glad I made you smile and even laugh.

I totally relate with you. It seems so wrong for people to use other creators (Free / Paid / Stolen) content to make money out of it, with basically no effort at all.
Also yes, it’s kind of rare nowadays to see any Free releases here, even the most simplest scripts are Paid (Thus why I gladly spend few hours to irritate these sellers when i release somewhat same script for free)…

Though on the otherhand, people shouldn’t use money to buy these kind of scripts, especially when they’re, indeed, only few lines of code and whatnot.
I think that’s (people paying for literally nothing) something that encourages people to sell their stuff, even for a few dollars / euros w.e

If only there were somekind of requirement to sell here. Oh well. Atleast one can always flag those posts for moderation !

Anyways, thanks for this motivational speech you gave :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks indeed man :slight_smile:

“Thus why I gladly spend few hours to irritate these sellers when i release somewhat same script for free” Yeah I seriously considered that a few days ago when someone offered “flaming bracelets” for freaking 15 bucks :man_facepalming:t4: Just for using the freaking native

StartNetworkedParticleFxLoopedOnEntityBone()

But I decided not to do so, due to being to busy setting up a massive wiki with lots of data for fivem development, script examples etc etc, and also working on our server, and also still having a wife (and trying to keep it that way so not going to put on even more projects taking away her time :rofl:)

Luckily she herself is into scripting too, so that gives me a bit more ‘overhead’ in spending time on these things in our spare time haha.

Thanks for your response and your shared view on this topic :slight_smile:

BTW Totally agree on your view that people buying those stupid (the simple ones i mean!) scripts only motivates them to keep doing it.

Side-confession: Have to admit that I ‘stole’ your script (the lockpick) to “extract the lockpick” stuff for our (private only) Fallout themed Server, haha (atleast i will even put credits in the private server like i should)

looks nice! didnt see an sql for the registerable item tho
INSERT INTO items (name, label, weight, rare, can_remove) VALUES

(‘vehlockpick’, ‘Vehicle Lockpick’, ‘1’, ‘0’, ‘1’);

how would i go about also locking parked cars?

damn bro,nice.

When i add: xPlayer.removeInventoryItem(‘vehlockpick’, 1)

It doesn’t seem to let me USE the item no more :confused:

1 Like

Yeaah because it removes the item upon failure…?

No i mean i cant actually use the Item it doesn’t let me.

then check serverside that its calling the right

ESX.RegisterUsableItem. Make sure its registering whatever your item is called in your Database.

Great release! One issue I’m coming across is I’m using F2 inventory to open inventory and drag the lockpick to use but get stuck on my inventory screen and cannot close. Minigame shows and works but only issue is myself and others get stuck on inventory screen.

Well, it’s for menu inventories so i suppose you need to call something else that closes the inventory screen rather than currently used esx menu closeall.

What’s the native I need to call? Do I add it to client side or server side? Also would it go on inventory resource or vehicle lock pick resource? Sorry for noobie questions, appreciate the response!