[Free] RPEmotes

W Emote menu, W Emotes, W developer. Love the work on the emote menu man <3

Update server artifacts at least once a month

:pray:

Server owners are free to add their own animations and props

I have tutorials on my YouTube channel, and it appears the uploader has provided animations.

2 Likes

yea ik just thought it’d be cool to add to the pack :slight_smile:

I’ll get around to it eventually, I also want to add the shopping basket by BzZzi and some props from Brum, however due to how some individuals in the community and disscorrd are, sometimes my passion and enthusiasm for this menu dies out…

You see, someone is selling RPEmotes on disscorrd for $25, and they reached out to me and said they didn’t realize it’s my work. The guy won’t ever get a refund; it may only be $25, but it’s still appalling, and I’m also annoyed at things such as THIS

yea i feel you on that one, that’s a pretty shitty thing to do, i mean that’s the way the community is going though sadly.

Myself and many others won’t stand for it. Cfxre can get a hefty little payout from Paypal subscriptions and exorbitant priced pixelated simple retextured 10 minute jobs and profiting off Rockstar Games, I don’t care, but the scumbag behavior and breach of copyright and intellectual property within the community, needs to stop.

I know multiple talented individuals that have just given up on this platform simply because they want to give to the community, however too many people just take take take, reupload, repurpose, don’t credit, and then you have wish.com lawyers who try to “um AcTuAlLy” school you with licensing and all that rubbish.

Even my business clothing pack is being reuploaded and sold.

2 Likes

Still a Legend! Great work as always!! Keep it up homie!

RPEmotes 1.2.0 IS OUT NOW

• Added timeout for loading functions to avoid an issue with the menu disappearing if the model or animation was not loading
  • Added another exit emote check after initial cancel
  • Added trigger check to avoid infinite loop
  • Add emote cancel and then play new one
  • Added a new config in the config.lua file to cancel the previously played emote when you play a new one (OPTIONAL FEATURE)
-- If turned on, playing an emote will cancel the previous one.
    CancelPreviousEmote = false,
  • Added another ‘emote cancel’ before performing new animation

• Added a debug print to add props and fixed prop issue when playing new animation with CancelPreviousEmote

• Added a fix that destroys props if a scenario played is performed after a prop emote (for example, destroy cellphone prop before smoking weed scenario)

• Added a fix that destroys props if player attempts to perform a male scenario with a female ped. Previously if you did an emote which contained a prop, and then clicked on a male only scenario, the prop would still remain and the previous animation would be stuck.

• Added an additional fix to cancel the previous animation if female ped and attempting to perform male scenario

• Cancel previous scenario before performing animations. Previously it bugged out, such as constant drilling while performing a selfie, or texting after checking the ATM, causing your ped to be stuck.

• Added NoIdleCam from another script I had done, into RPEmotes. Players can opt in or out of whether or not they want the camera to focus on whatever or stay focused on the player by using the client chat command, /idlecamoff to disable it, and /idlecamon to reenable it

2 Likes

A Message Of Gratitude

If you believe that something already in existence (in this case, RPEmotes or it’s predecessor dpemotes) is “deserving of a new X Y or Z,” reach out to the creator(s) and make suggestions, offer pull requests, and help the community.

The RPEmotes menu, animations, and props are the result of a collaborative community project. I personally don’t consider any of my contributions worthy of financial gain however am open to donations; In saying that however, do I think that taking someone else’s animations and props and re-releasing them for free in my menu after a year or more of work is deserving of being locked behind a pay-to-win on some questionable Tbex store?

No, I do not, nor do I encourage it.

Despite my defensive and combative nature, my sole desire for the community is to witness individuals expressing their passion while showcasing their distinctive projects. Instead of engaging in one-upmanship by replicating the exact same thing at a significantly lower price, or merely incorporating someone else’s code into a new user interface due to personal preferences, I encourage a more creative and original approach.

I intend to step back and prioritize my mental well-being, allowing the FiveM forums moderators and community to handle their own conflicts.

I also want to express my gratitude to the project’s fans and those who have supported us throughout our journey. Thank you for standing up for the exceptional work done by our incredible partners and contributors.

@AvaN0x

@MadsL

@prueling

@Jeay

@M011ER

@Mathu_lmn

@GeekGarage

@BzZzi

@AdoredRose

@OldTimersRP

And everyone else credited in the repository.

Please check them out and spread the love! They are dedicated individuals who would greatly appreciate your feedback :heart_hands:

Let’s focus on contributing to the community and finding alternative ways to support ourselves.

That’s all I wanted to share.

Thanks,

TayMcKenzieNZ,
Lead Developer and Project Manager of RPEmotes

7 Likes

VERSION 1.2.1 IS OUT NOW

• Menu and /e commands won’t work if you’re dead
  • Emote reapplies itself when interacting with doors
  • Emote reapplies itself when interacting with peds / NPCs

Can’t wait for people to steal this and add it behind a stupid pay-to-enjoy :clown_face:

Big shoutout to @Mathu_lmn who much like myself, is sick and tired of these ridiculous resources being charged at exorbitant prices and who has helped a ton with this update.

Stay tuned for more, and remember that RPEmotes is a community project with zero fees.

4 Likes

Version 1.2.2

• Added a config to enable or disable emotes while swimming / in water

• Added a config to enable or disable hands up in a vehicle

• Fixed a bug where WalkingStylesEnabled = false only disabled the menu however left commands still accessible

• Fixed the walkstyle config boolean that was not working as intended

• Added an export to allow or disallow the user to set their walkstyle during runtime (fix for scripts that set an injured walkstyle when intended)

• Updated the authors section of the fxmanifest to include 'Community'

• Updated fxmanifest to tell you that --- RPEMOTES IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE FREE. STOP PAYING FOR LE4KS!!! ---

• Updated the config to tell you that --- RPEMOTES IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE FREE. STOP PAYING FOR LE4KS!!! ---

2 Likes

RPEMOTES VERSION 1.2.3 IS OUT NOW

We’ve heard your pleads and cries.

Note: For context, ‘increments’ signifies the option to move about the menu either one by one, or skip 10.*

Changelog:

- Toggling increments now makes a sound to indicate the changes for those who don't use their eyes to look at the UI
- Toggling the increment is done via LEFT ALT KEY on keyboard
- Toggling the increment is done via the 'SHARE' button on Xbox / 'OPTIONS' button on PS4 / PS5 controllers.
2 Likes

RpEmotes Version 1.2.4 is now available

This version fixes an issue with Shared Emotes which was running in a loop, allowing it to be abused and spammed.

The player now has 10 seconds to accept the request and the code now checks if the emote is a “Shared Emote” or a “Shared Dance” emote.

We apologize for the updates being soo frequentas of lately, however we strive to bring you all the best and FREELY AVAILABLE emote menu with scenarios, props, finger pointing, hands up, crouching and crawling, persistent walkstyles, moods, and much more!

Please stay tuned, as we have more fixes and additions coming to the menu soon, which I will announce at a later date on my discord, (which is the best place to keep up to date with everything, without us spamming the forums)

If you’ve seen FREE animations or props either by our partners or the community, of which you think should be implemented into the menu, let us know in our suggestions channel on our discord! As long as it’s free and we have permission, we may add it! (NO PROMISES!!)

Hey where i find the discord link?

on the github repository when you click download.

oh ok thanks :sweat_smile:

RPEMOTES VERSION 1.2.5 IS NOW AVAILABLE :partying_face:

Huge thanks to @Mathu_lmn who has been promoted to co-developer of RPEmotes :slightly_smiling_face:

:scroll: Credited myself, TayMcKenzieNZ to the menu’s "Credits & Suggestions :pray: "

:scroll: Credited Mathu_Imn to the menu’s "Credits & Suggestions :pray: "

:scroll: Credited @BRUMMIEEE_MAPS to the menu’s "Credits & Suggestions :pray: "

:scroll: Credited above people in the GitHub repository credits

:purple_heart: Updated the menu’s banner to a new one by our in house gif creator and artist

:wastebasket: Removed Duplicate “Sip Milkshake” emote which was added for testing but was never removed before pushing to the repository

:yellow_heart: Changed the "Huge Thank You :heart: " for the "Credits & Suggestions :pray: " description to be bold and yellow

:video_game: Fixed controller movement control when menu is opened - Controllers now work!

:video_game: Fixed controller not allowing peds to enter a vehicle when menu is open

:hammer_and_wrench: Added a config to reapply (when pointing ends) the emote playing before pointing

:hammer_and_wrench: Added a config to reapply (when handsup ends) the emote playing before putting hands up

:hammer_and_wrench: Fixed hands up while in a vehicle not allowing you to put your hands down, regardless of the config being true or false

:hammer_and_wrench:Reworked the handsup system to be more accurate

:hammer_and_wrench: Added a warning to console that detects if you have dpemotes installed alongside rpemotes, which is known to cause issues

Added two new configs:

PersistentEmoteAfterHandsup = true, – If true, you will play the emote you were playing previously after you stop handsup.

PersistentEmoteAfterPointing = true, – If true, you will play the emote you were playing previously after you stop pointing.

3 Likes

Minor Bug Fix

A fix for finger pointing and hands up (while performing an emote), has been added to the menu.

Previously, if you performed an emote such as sitting down, pointed, or did hands up, then stopped pointing or doing hands up, you would stand up, then do the animation again; You now no longer stand up.

SOME animations are going to look janky while performing hands up or pointing, we’re aware, however simple solution is, don’t do it then? lol

For you lazy asses who cry every time an update is pushed, here are the file names you will need to update:

Emote.lua - rpemotes/Emote.lua at master · TayMcKenzieNZ/rpemotes · GitHub

Pointing.lua - rpemotes/Pointing.lua at master · TayMcKenzieNZ/rpemotes · GitHub

NOTE: PersistentEmoteAfterHandsup and PersistentEmoteAfterPointing need to be set to true for all of this to work as intended. (edited)

1 Like