[FREE] mth-rc / The free ultimate RC-car resource

Just fixed this issue, please redownload to get the fix ! Sorry about that

2 Likes

About the max distance, I have no idea but seems to work with a config set at 200

Thanks, will give it a shot!

Yeah, I tested with 200.

1 Like

We did some testing and found two things that would be great if can be added/changed:

• if the person who controls the vehicle dies, he falls through the map
  • an option to stop the script (other then detonating rc), let say the rc is out of reach or broken and cannot be retrieved or accessed anymore to pick up

for the second thing we found a workaround, just setting the explosion damage of the vehicle to 0.0 to avoid players using it as a weapon

Hey, thanks for the feedback, I tried to reproduce the first step on my server and the rc car stayed in place when I was dead
For the second point, I’ll push V1.0.3 soon and if the rc goes out of range, you won’t be able to access its camera + the animation will be cancelled until you’re out of range !

V 1.0.3 IS OUT !

• Added a config option to despawn the rc on command regardless of the distance with the player
  • Improved the out of range behavior
1 Like

It was while not looking through the camera btw that the player falls through the map when he dies

Are you able to record it ? :thinking:

Added a death check to avoid breaking the scripts

1 Like

If you drive the rc on water, it will now short circuit and thanks to @copofiscool and @anon70864786 , you have a config option that allows the player to do /recall to recall the rc-bandito on the player (even when out of range)

2 Likes

Great job

2 Likes

awesome work guys! love it

2 Likes

good release

1 Like

Can this be made compatible with qb-inventory and can a custom item be used to access it? Like some type of key or controller added to the config. I would also like to suggest that you add some kind of permissions thing for like a particular crew or gang or job or just anybody in the city.

Anything is possible if you’re willing to learn and do it yourself. Mathu and I have made it for our sole purposes, however it’s open source. If we start adding framework related or inventory related things to it, we’ll be expected to support every variant of that framework / inventory.

Though we’re of course open to pull requests if you’re interested enough.

1 Like

As Tay said, I made the conversion for ox_inventory as I’m using it but for other inventories, please look at how I did for ox_inventory and adapt it to your system !

I’m new to the whole process and am just now getting to where I can read code without having an anxiety attack. I didn’t think that making it support qb’s inventory system on a qb core framework counted as being excessive. Do you know of any good tutorials on how to do something like changing inventories in a script?

I apologize, but I personally do not utilize any inventories or frameworks. I suggest examining the existing inventory resources available for qb-core to observe their implementation methods. It might be helpful to explore their Discord community as well, as you could potentially receive assistance there.

Please be aware that in the current landscape (and I don’t intend any offense by saying this), there is an abundance of inventory and frameworks. Many individuals modify existing solutions to suit their preferences, resulting in appearances similar to A, functionality akin to B, but fundamentally different in nature. As developers and modders, it is unrealistic for us to provide support for every single variation if we do not personally employ them.

Additionally, I recommend utilizing Google and YouTube as resources for further assistance.

Best of luck!

Nice script, i’m also working on a detailed rc script : ik-rccar (sneak peak) - YouTube
In the video i’m also using the phone animation but changed it in the official version with almost the same animation as you are using it in your video with the same controller but with native animation.
There are bunch of animations to use, but we need to search for the right one. If needed i can send the animation name so you don’t need 3th party animations loaded.

What is your resmon value btw with all the loops running ?
I couldn’t get it under 0.02 while in action with battery life and wheel life loops.