[Free] ESX Blackout

A simple script to terrify the city.
Also good for planned robberies to switch off the alarm systems.
It can be started with the item bmode.
In the “client/main.lua” line 22 the time can be set how long the blackout runs.
Works from version 2189-2545

esx_blackout.zip (20.3 KB)
more scripts

|-------------------------------------|----------------------------|
| Code is accessible | Yes
| Subscription-based | No
| Lines (approximately) | 40
| Requirements | es_extended
| Support | Yes

3 Likes

Hey, you should upload the resource itself instead of a zip file. I think it’s against the rules to do that but I could be wrong.

Also, why make this rely on esx? I have to imagine it’s just using a native, using a command and making an event to trigger it seems way easier, but I guess very slightly less useful.

Its not against rules to upload .zip on github, Treat is as direct download and everything will work. But yeah, I agree with you, ESX dependency is useless in this case, but who am I to judge?

Hi.

For people like you (and author) who think like that.
Actually, let me explain. GitHub. It’s for those who show the source code. If you don’t want to show it (and I don’t see the point since the resource is free), why do you upload on GitHub ?

Because then you have to force yourself to do an anti-virus scan, to make sure there is no shit in your zip.

I know it’s not your file specifically, but what the hell, use the services properly.
Code = github, or even put it in text formatted code.
From .rar = Mediafire, MegaNZ, Megaupload, 1fichier or whatever.

Friendly message, but just from a total misunderstanding.

Other things. Why. Making. ESX. Dependencies. Don’t tell me to check the code, unless the source code will be viewable in github, i will NOT.

Alzhe over.

It is totally against the rules. from here Releases Rules and F.A.Q

“Sharing a GitHub repository link is allowed as long as the content on the repository is not compressed.”

2 Likes

Thanks for proving me wrong. Now I know!

2 Likes

@Tttony2x did a great job saying that I am wrong, no need for essay. Link to Rules are everything I need, thanks but no thanks :heart:

how i can turn back the effect whitout a restart server ?

This works automatically if you haven’t changed the code.
In the client/main.lua line 22, you can set the duration.

Thank you for the script. Is there a way to make it that only the city blackout and not the vehicles ?

EDIT : SOLVED !

The lights turn off but kinda blip, any way to solve this?

Hi.

Why writing Code is accessible | Yes if we can’t access to the source code without a download.

Plus, GitHub is especially made to see/share code, and to fix issues with code/improve other’s codes.

Like this (sample files/folders i have found on github) :

King regards,

EDIT: OOPS, i’ve forgotten i already asked it before. It’s a double post for me, sorry.

Use GitHub desktop if needed.

EDIT 2: source openned here.