[FREE] AOD_Hunting [ESX] [QBCore]

It’s written as is atm for performance purposes. Without using draw texts the script runs at 0.00 MS idle and never runs over .02 MS while hunting. This is however possible to edit quite easily, but I am quite fond of the performance over the other hunting scripts who use the draw text features. I will look into making a config option for this, but it would certainly make the script less performance optimized.

1 Like

My friend I owe you a public apology… LOL! When adding some new stuff today I discovered that if you set the gun to nil it would break the script. It did work when just changing the primary hunting weapon, however. This is fixed in my latest PR. I also fixed my math not actually making any sense when calculating the spawn chance.

Another PR has been opened here’s what’s inside.

Additions:

• Rewards now configurable in the config file. No more editing server-side code!
  • Config option to disable progress bars and just get a notification in its’ place
  • When the animal is last damaged by a headshot, apply a multiplier to the rewards the player gets from harvesting

Patches:

• when setting gun requirement to nil, could not harvest animal
  • setting animal spawn chance to 100% broke the script
  • bad math calculating the spawn chance (my bad)
  • animations not lasting the entire duration of the progress bar
  • reduced delay when using a hunting knife on an animal
1 Like

All pushed, sorry been super busy. I appreciate the continued support with the PR

1 Like

No worries, thanks!

Good contribution! I was using a very old one and it kept giving me problems.

1 Like

Can you help me? The animal don’t spawn for me :v. I did put print(“Spawned”), to see, and the print don’t go to the F8…

Are you using the latest version on github? Can you post your config settings? I can test it later tonight using your settings.

Yes, i’m using the last version. The last version don’t have config file

You’re right @AgentofDeath reverted all PR’s to his original version maybe he can help you.

So i just need to wait , right?

Yes. I have contacted him and if any of my improvements aren’t working I will fix them tonight (if he wants me to)

Ok, thanks ^^ can u give me your discord? So we can talk better

1 Like

Been away from home, so its hard to test these PR’s, but the most recent one thehuntingknife event on the client is completely wrong. If you were able to fix syntax errors, I’d push, but generally I don’t have the time at the moment to go through it.

Ok I will take another look at it tonight. 100% works on my end so ill have to see what happened.

News?

In regards to a configuration file? I’m not home until Friday where I can do it myself, atm its at a working state as it was day one. Otherwise I’m not available to make the changes myself until Friday.

hey can anyone help i trying to install bt-target in the script like using bt-target on animal and also trying to trigger police when we hunt can anyone help?

local HuntedAnimal = {
 `a_c_deer`,
 `a_c_coyote`,
 `a_c_boar`,
}
exports['bt-target']:AddTargetModel(HuntedAnimal, {
	options = {
		{
			event = "AOD-huntingknife",
			icon = "fas fa-cut",
			label = "Butcher Animal",
		},
	},
	job = {"all"},
	distance = 2.5
})

Should resolve the bt-target thing, but that’s not tested and would require you to try it out. in terms of cops you’d have to be clear on what point you’d want the police to be notified.

Update I have a version waiting to be tested bringing back the config feature, contact me if you are interested in testing it out.

config update is pushed live updating Hunting to v1.2

hey sorry for late reply and thanks for updates and yes you asking where do you wanna trigger police i wanna trigger police when we place bait i know its weird but i wanna place there can you plz do something thank you