[FORK][ESX] Engine Repair kit & Tyre Kit | esx_repairkit V3.2

Yea I have the same problem with it not working.

side of the engine doesnt workā€¦ i really hope i am doing it right

I have found the issue my bad I will update it in 10 minutes or less :grin: Dumb mistake since Iā€™m still a beginner :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Update 2.4

BUG FIXES :

• Fix RepairKit not usable if not moving
  • Fix RepairKit not removed when cancelling if Config.IgnoreAbort was true

Download

link not found?

I forgot to publish the release sorry Iā€™m a little bit tired :sweat_smile: Tell me if it works for you or if you encounter any issues :hugs:

1 Like

it works now. thanks alot.

found out that if you have Config.IgnoreAbort = true in your config. it doesnt allow you to repair at all.

Suggestion

Would it be possible to make it so you can repair wheels aswell? and not only the engine?

Iā€™m already trying to do this :sweat_smile:

my bad ;D

would be cool to have this called a ā€œengine repair hitā€ that way the mechanic job can still make the repair kits through there job, basically how i have it set up is thisā€¦ you can buy repair kits in the store they are expensive 5k. the mechanic can make them through crafting and sell them cheaperā€¦ that way it brings business into the shopsā€¦ Some people did not like that set up, so a compromise would be to be able to sell your ā€œengine repair kitsā€ in the shop" for a lower price than the full repair kits , give citizens an option while also increasing the reason/need to visit a mechanic

Suggestion: re tire/s:
One thing I donā€™t like seeing in RP servers, is the lack of emotes used to carry out vehicle repairs (even though there available), simply lean over the engine and somehow it also magically replaces blown tires.

ā€œIf possibleā€ be great to see players have to go the the trunk, open it, grab the spare wheel/repairkit, carry it to where the blown one is and replace it. Or, even if they just have to go to each wheel, perform the action with repairkit.

This would also make races/chases more interesting, civ/cop drives to reckless, smash, blowout (or shot), its going to take awhile to fix, so might drive smarter next time.

Itā€™s maybe because I have a lack of knowledge in English but I ainā€™t really understand what were you saying :confused: My script only bring an item that can be used to repair vehicle, if you wanā€™t your mechanic to be able to craft them you will have to create this script yourself since itā€™s not the purpose of this script.

Iā€™m trying to make this script as RP as possible, of course you will need to be in front of the wheel to repair them but I canā€™t make your players go to the trunk to take a new wheel to fix the broken one. And since Iā€™m still a beginner I donā€™t have a lot of knowledge in animation etc, I will still try to make this script the more RP possible.

I keep your suggestion on a note I will try to work on it :smile:

theres no sql?

1 Like

i did not see one either

Fixed. Sorry I forgot to put the .sql in the latest updates :sweat_smile:

I just tested this on my server along side ā€œRealisticVehicleFailureā€ and it didnā€™t repair anything. Did I miss a step when setting this up or is the another vehicle damage script I should try instead?

Never Mind I found the problem, I mixed it up with an older repair kit script I had.
It works like expected! I have been looking for a repair kit mod for a while now that fixed just the engine. This is great! Thank You!

1 Like

Update 3.0

New Item

TyreKit: You can now replace your tyres with this item (Only replace the tyre in front of your character)

New Features

• Tyre Kit Item
  • Update Checker on resource start
  • Message if players attempt to repair the car and are not in front of the tyre or engine

New configurable

• Config.RepairTime & Config.TyreKitTime
    Set in seconds, how long should a repair take
  • Config.IfMecaIsOnline
    Toggle If Mechanic is online then players canā€™t use the kit and need to call the Mechanic to fix it
  • Config.IgnoreAbort & Config.IgnoreTyreAbort
    Toggle Remove RepairKit & TyreKit if players abort the repair
  • Config.ExplosionChance
    The lower it is, the more it has a chance to make the engine fail and the car explode. (1 = 100%, 2 = 50%, 4 = 25%, 10 = 10%, 100 = 1%, etc)
    If you donā€™t want this feature, set Config.ExplosionOnFailedRepair to false
  • Config.EnableProgressBar
    If you donā€™t want a progress bar when your player use the item or you donā€™t want to use any dependencies (progressBar) then set it to false

Download

1 Like

awesome stuff would it be possible if you could make a check if the hood is open. makes it a bit more like rp