[FORK][ESX] Engine Repair kit & Tyre Kit | esx_repairkit V3.2

I WILL NOT UPDATE IT ANYMORE, IT ONLY WORKS ON ESX LEGACY BTW (THERE IS TOO MANY DIFFERENT ESX VERSION AND ITS GETTING ANNOYING)

This is a fork of the esx_repairkit from Condolent, it will be updated with new features and bug fixes.

FEATURES

• Repair Kit Item & Tyre Kit Item
  • Update Checker on resource start
  • More realistic since it needs you to be next to the engine or near the tyre to actually repair
  • It only repair the engine of your vehicle, not the “visual aspect” of it
  • Player can abort the repair by pressing “X”
  • Message if players attempt to repair the car and are not in front of the tyre or engine
  • French, English, Swedish, Deutsch language included
  • RepairKit & TyreKit easily configurable:
    Config.InfiniteRepairs & Config.InfiniteRepairsTyreKit
    Toggle Infinite RepairKit & TyreKit (One Kit last forever)
    Config.RepairTime & Config.TyreKitTime
    Set in seconds, how long should a repair take
    Config.IfMecaIsOnline
    Toggle If Mechanic is online then players can’t use the kit and need to call the Mechanic to fix it
    Config.IgnoreAbort & Config.IgnoreTyreAbort
    Toggle Remove RepairKit & TyreKit if players abort the repair
    Config.AllowMecano
    Toggle if Mechanic can use the RepairKit & TyreKit
    Config.RealisticVehicleFailure
    If you’re using Realistic Vehicle Failure then you can set it to true (Since “RealisticVehicleFailure” change how cars work, this config option allow to set the engine repair value lower than usual so the repaired vehicle is not indestructible)
    Config.DestroyChance
    The lower it is, the more it has a chance to make the engine fail and the car explode. (1 = 100%, 2 = 50%, 4 = 25%, 10 = 10%, 100 = 1%, etc)
    If you don’t want this feature, set Config.DestroyOnFailedRepair to false
    Config.EnableProgressBar
    If you don’t want a progress bar when your player use the item or you don’t want to use any dependencies (progressBar) then set it to false
    Config.MechanicNameJob
    If your mechanic job is not named “mecano”, you can change it here
  • Some new features will be added soon: t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶%̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶l̶u̶r̶e̶, can’t be used again after X times, change key for cancelling the repair in config file, etc

KNOWN BUG :
– If “Config.IfMecaIsOnline” is set to true then “Config.AllowMecano” won’t work

Preview: Coming Soon

Requirements

Optional but recommended

• progressBar
    (Don’t forget to rename this resource “progressBar” or it will not work)

Changelog :

Version 2.1 : Changelog
Version 2.2 : Changelog
Version 2.3 : Changelog
Version 2.4 : Changelog
Version 3.0 : Changelog
Version 3.1 : Changelog
Version 3.2 : Changelog

Download & Installation

Manually

Download esx_repairkit.rar
Put it in the [esx] directory

Installation

• Import esx_repairkit.sql to your database
  • Add this in your server.cfg
start esx_repairkit

If you have any suggestions I will be happy to hear them :wink:

ᴰᵒⁿ’ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ʳᵉˢᵒᵘʳᶜᵉˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᵒʳᵏ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵒⁿᵉ

23 Likes

nice work

1 Like

I have a proposal

The people take longer to repair than the mechanic.

1 Like

It’s up to you to change this, I’m using the default value that come from the original esx_repairkit :grin:

Change the value of “Config.RepairTime” in the config.lua to your liking, so if you want the repair kit to be longer you can increase it :wink:

2 Likes

Aint this part of the mec job for esx already??

1 Like

I don’t know I don’t use the mech job sorry :hushed:

It might be I guess, it does not require the resource of the mechanic job to be used soooooo :woozy_face:

Update 2.1

• You now need to be next to the engine to fix it

Download

I love the idea already and I haven’t even downloaded it yet lol can’t wait to see your updates keep up the great work

1 Like

Did someone manage to make the item only useable if no mechanic is online?
Best regards

I will add this feature to my TODO list ^^

So I downloaded your script and works like a charm when I tested it the repair kit didn’t repair physical damages around the car just the engine itself which is what I’m guessing is supposed to happen if so I love it wouldn’t change a thing cuz then it forces my players to bring it to a repair bay cant wait for future updates

1 Like

Yes it’s exactly the purpose of this script. It only repair the engine of the vehicle so the player still have to bring it to a repair bay to fully fix it :grin:

1 Like

Update 2.2

• Fix player able to repair the car even if inside the vehicle

KNOWN BUG : Player are unable to cancel the repair.

Download

Maybe add mythic_progbar to be able to cancel the repair.

I have found how to fix it, I will update the script in one or two hour :grin:
For now I won’t use any dependencies since I’m still new to coding (That’s why update take so long to come for such simple add xd)

1 Like

Update 2.3

• BUG FIXES : Cancel repair now fixed
  • Option added : If you’re using the resource “RealisticVehicleFailure” you can set it to true (Since “RealisticVehicleFailure” change how cars work, this config option allow to set the engine repair value lower than usual so the repaired vehicle is not indestructible)

Download

am i dumb for not knowing how to use this?

edit: seem to have it fixed. it was because of a mod

edit2: It only shows that vehicles are not nearby. but when i am actually next to my car. nothing happends. i am using RealisticVehicleFailure. and i am using the latest version

You need to be next the engine to fix your car :grin:

i am standing next to my engine :slight_smile:

this is a video showing how i think its working. : https://streamable.com/1mlsud dont mind the sound. i was watching a youtube video

Can you try from the side of the engine and not the front ? If it’s still dosn’t work I will try to update it as soon as possible :hugs: