Flamethrower [Add-On | HUD Icon] - (adapted for FiveM originally by WildBrick142)

Disclaimer: NO UPDATES/SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS MOD. IT IS GIVEN AS IS AND CONFIRMED TO BE WORKING. I did not create the flamethrower, I adapted the existing mod so it would be a FiveM resource. Additionally I do not know how to make a custom weapon wheel icon (and have been told doing so requires hex editing and reverse engineering) so any requests/DMs about such will be disregarded.

Flamethrower [Add-On | HUD Icon] (originally by WildBrick142 on gta5-mods) (adapted for FiveM)

It’s pretty much drag and drop, but I thought I would share this as I went through the trouble of adapting it from the original dlc.rpf on gta5-mods at the link below

Original mod - here

Download Here

Installation

1. Drag flamethrower_WildBrick142 into your resource folder.

2. Put the following in your ‘server.cfg’ -

3. start flamethrower_WildBrick142

NOTE: If using ESX 1.x (it may be different or similar for 2.x) you will need to do 2 more steps (both steps are required not just 1 of them). Not sure if there is something similar to these steps for VRP or vrp-ex as I don’t use either of them.
P.S. --These steps assume you are using the EN/US locale (if you aren’t you will have to adapt it for your own region).

1. Add the following line to the es_extended/config.weapons.lua file (anywhere in the file just has to be there somewhere on its own line)
	{name = 'WEAPON_FLAMETHROWER', label = _U('weapon_flamethrower'), components = {}},
  1. Add the following line to the es_extended/locales/en.lua file (again like above anywhere in the file just has to be on its own line and make sure to put a comma at the end of the line)
 ['weapon_flamethrower'] = 'Flamethrower',                                                 

1. Now you can give yourself the weapon assuming you know how to use the /giveweapon command (not going to explain that one, you will have to look it up like I did).

Screenshots

)

Credits

• Wildbrick142 (gta5-mods): Original mod creator.

• Rockstar Games: Flamethrower model.

• dexyfex/CodeWalker: Ability to edit ptfx files.

Terms of Use (as stated by WildBrick142 in the original mod)

You are allowed to:

• -Use it on FiveM and whatever

• -Reupload it elsewhere as long as you give credit to WildBrick142
    and everyone listed in the credits section.

You are NOT allowed to:

• -Use data from this mod for your mod
    without giving credit to me and everyone listed
    in the credits section.

• Please have some common courtesy.

This is my first release, so I apologize for any errors in the post (I will do my best to correct them as they come to my attention)

Hope you guys enjoy and once again full credit goes to WildBrick142 for this awesome addon weapon
(I did NOT create this mod, I merely adapted it for FiveM)!!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Interesting. Nice release

1 Like

Thanks, thought I would share it as I had a bit of trouble getting it to work to begin with

Think I fixed an issue with the fxmanifest.lua pushed the changes to github

1 Like

Can u do the tutorial for hud icon addon weapon please

1 Like

I don’t know how they made them as I merely adapted the addon from gta5-mods for fivem, however, I will try to experiment with it and see if I can figure that out, but the chances are very slim.

1 Like

how do i spawn the flamethrower?

1 Like

Shoot I forgot 2 important parts if you are using ESX, I will quickly update the post to include them. You will need to add the weapons to the weapon_configs.lua and the en.lua (or whatever locale you use) in es_extended. This is also the same thing you need to do to add the MK2 weapons if you haven’t already.

EDIT: Updated the post to include the instructions

Updated the Post with the information to give the weapon to a player for if you are using ESX, you also might be able to give yourself the addon weapon with vMenu if I am not mistaken by putting the name in as

weapon_flamethrower                                                                                     

Unfortunately making the hud icon for addon weapons is a very complicated process involving hex editing etc… and therefore I will not go near that with a 10 foot pole xD

Nice one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its not letting me spawn it which is weird

1 Like

Hello!

So using this in our server (and adding the lines to es_extended), spawns great!

One question i have however is when i leave server and come back, I have to respawn the weapon for it to show back up in the weapon wheel. How do I get it to stay like the normal guns bought from weapon stores?

idk what i changed, but it saves to my esx inventory now. so uh yea. lol

Only issue now is when i die, it removes it - but relog makes it come back.

new download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ILjwqU9jc_QrkgEwsHWtRWoMPMPBMOil/view?usp=sharing

^^ just wanted to update if anyone else has this issue…

I switched away from esx inventory, and when with a system that makes everything items instead, and now i no longer have addon weapon issues <3

i tried this mod, but can’t fire using ox_inventory , any idea to make it work?