[FIXED!] ROS/MTL Issue. Tried everything, nothing worked. This is the last option i have to fix this problem

Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest, just downloaded it
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 10 Pro
Did you try to delete caches.xml (not cache/!) and try again? Yes, no luck doing it
System specifications:
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):
CfxCrashDump_2021_03_24_03_01_35.zip (1017.8 KB)
logs/CitizenFX_log files:
CitizenFX_log_2021-03-24T025926.log (12.2 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs:
dd1cdac2-518d-4d4e-885f-e252c98179a6.dmp (3.6 MB)

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:

Filepath to FiveM folder:
C:\Users\Vitor\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot:

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Malwarebytes
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes, disabled everything and ended all tasks on task manager, also put FiveM folder in the allowed list.

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
I installed FiveM, then when trying to run it, it closes and 90 seconds later an error message appears.
What are you trying to do?
I was trying to open FiveM
What have you tried already to fix the issue?
Disabled Anti-Virus
Allowed all FiveM process in the Firewall
Executed as Admin
Deleted Cache.xml file
Uninstalled and Re-installed FiveM
Verified GTA 5’s file integrity
Error screenshot (if any):
What did you do to get this issue?
Just tried to open FiveM
What server did you get this issue on?
None, i didn’t even had a chance to open FiveM at all.

Additional comments

None.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I’m also getting this error in the socialclub_launcher log:

[00000004] [ERROR] Fatal Error: code 1023

I already searched for a fix, it didn’t work.

Also getting this error, R* says gtav is already running. Tried every step i can think of and cant find anything online

Thats odd, all i can think of is to ask you to open the Task Manager and see if there’s any task related to GTA 5, like gta5.exe or social club thing or rockstar game launcher thing, idk…

I’m getting this error here in the launcher.log

021-03-24 22:53:27.845] [DISPLAY] [Workr] [fileutils] Unable to get file version info size for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Launcher\Redistributables\SocialClub\Social-Club-Setup.exe

[2021-03-24 22:53:27.846] [ ERROR ] [Workr] [preqmanager] Unable to get Social Club installer version from C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Launcher\Redistributables\SocialClub\Social-Club-Setup.exe

[2021-03-24 22:53:27.846] [DISPLAY] [Workr] [titleupdater] No prerequisites to install.
[2021-03-24 22:53:27.870] [DISPLAY] [14740] [gameslibrary] Could not get game library list from disk; assuming no game libraries exist yet.

[2021-03-24 22:53:27.876] [DISPLAY] [Main ] [preqmanager] Flagging Social Club for reinstall.

[2021-03-24 22:53:27.876] [DISPLAY] [Main ] [lifecycle] Setting to restart after exit.

[2021-03-24 22:53:27.893] [DISPLAY] [Main ] [launcher] StartShutdown - Now in progress

[2021-03-24 22:53:27.910] [DISPLAY] [Main ] [app] Application quit requested (exit code: 0)

[2021-03-24 22:53:33.303] [WARNING] [12092] [diag] Unable to load DxDiag info from disk

I already reinstalled Rockstar Games Launcher and deleted every file it was left from it before trying a reinstall. Hope someone can help me…

[00000000] Social Club Directory: D:\Arquivos de Programas\Rockstar Games\Social Club\
probably why it’s broken, how did you get Program Files to have a localized name on disk?

I have this issue a lot the fix for me is usually to close fivem wait 10-30 seconds open rockstar launcher and then launch fivem

I changed the Program Files default location to my D: drive using regedit, so it won’t use my SSD since it only has 120gb on it.

Edit: I hope that’s what you’re asking hahahaha, i also installed it on its default location yesterday as a last try on it. Didn’t work…

I never saw anyone mentioning this, i’ll try that right now :smiley:

I found the fix for it, i don’t like it but it is what it is.

Here it is:

I have the default locations of the Program Files and Program Files (x86) changed from my C: drive to my D: drive using regedit. This leads programs that doesn’t ask where they are going to be installed, like Google Chrome, to automatically install in my folders in D: drive.

So with that, i FiveM couldn’t communicate properly i assume.

What i did was to change the regedit values back to their default location, so D:\Program Files was changed back to C:\Program Files and the same with D:\Program Files (x86).

Changing it back to default, uninstalled both FiveM and Rockstar Games Launcher, restarting my computer and installing on FiveM fixed it, now FiveM launches just fine.
This is a very rare fix for it, and you probably won’t need it…

The really bad side of this is that i’ll get issues with space managing in my SSD, since it has only 120GB. Hope the FiveM development team can try to make it possible to run the game with the regedit values changed, it would be a great patch to users that have small SSDs that are dedicated only to the OS just like me.

I’ll try to see if i can still go back to the default values in regedit now that FiveM was installed with the default ones. I don’t want to have my SSD full in 2 weeks hahahaha.

Anyway, thanks for the help and ideas guys, i’ll let you know if anything further happens :wink:

As i said, i would let you know if it was possible to change the regedit values back to what it was after i installed FiveM:

So the answer is kinda… After i installed FiveM with the default regedit values, played a bit on it, then i uninstalled FiveM and installed it in my HDD. Then i exectued it again to make sure it was working and it looked like it was working, next i changed the regedit key values back to my D: drive and restarted my PC. What i mean by “kinda” working is that it will load to the main menu of the launcher, but if i try to connect to any server it will never finish the loading process. So what i did is that i saved the regedit values for my HDD config as .reg and saved the configs for my SSD as .reg file as well, so now i have 2 .reg that i just click on them to change the keys without extra work:

The SSD config is the one that makes the FiveM work, the very bad side of it is that while using this config, every other program that was installed using the HDD config won’t work properly, like chrome that now can’t find its path to the .exe of it.

As i said, i hope the development team can make it work with the regedit values changed since every other program i have installed worked just fine with the modifications.

keep in mind fivem is only like 1-8 gb with cache included

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.