[FIX] Server not showing in list

Hey people!

I had this issue where my server was not showing in the server list while it was possible to connect to it from the console even if the proper settings where done (ports open etc).

First of all, let’s make it clear that you need to have the following ports open.

30120(UDP & TCP) in & out
30110(UDP & TCP) in & out

I’m not sure about UDP for 30110, but I opened it just to be sure it’s gonna work.

Moving on, if your server is still not visible in the server list, the issue usually is that some important resources are not starting. Those resources are mapmanager and spawnmanager.

If you have, like me, esx 1.2 (check the fxmanifest of es_extended) even if you place spawnmanager and mapmanager in your server.cfg, es_extended will force stop those resources and your server will not be visible again.

What you can do to solve this issue:

Make 2 folders, one mapmanager and one spawnmanager.
Inside create an empty client script called mapmanager.lua for the one and spawnmanager.lua for the other.
Then for each folder create an fxmanifest.lua and put in the following “code”:

For mapmanager:

client_scripts { “mapmanager.lua” }

For spawnmanager:

client_scripts { “spawnmanager.lua” }

After you are done with this, go to your es_extended and open the config.lua and comment or remove the two lines that refer to the above resources that we just “made”. It must be on the bottom of the config. This is where esx fetches the “incompatible resources” from and force stops them.

Next, go to your server.cfg and insert:
start mapmanager
start spawnmanager

After all of the above steps are done, you should be good to go.
Start your server, let it initialize and then type in the server console ‘heartbeat’ to force a second heartbeat in order for your server to show up immidiately. The server will be shown when the second heartbeat is sent OR when the first player connects to it. Whichever comes first.

Hope your issue is fixed this way.
Always happy to help!

Have fun!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this!

I’m still having issues opening up the ports I added both 30120 and 30110 to my router and firewall and it still won’t open when I check on yougetsignal.com it says port closed :frowning:

also getting this error on keymaster “System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 15 seconds elapsing.”