FiveM stuck at blue screen (background)

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? newest
Up to date? yup
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes, even reinstalling both fivem and gta v
Error screenshot (if any) -
System specifications 16 ram, amd radeon r9 390 GPU
What did you do to get this issue? open fivem
What server did you get this issue on? -
CitizenFX.log file -
.dmp files/report IDs -

Also, add what you already tried so far.

• reinstall fivem + gta v
1 Like

help-me please…

AMD HD 7400m
Intel Core i5
8GB Memory
Windows 10

Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Well guys, I found the solution! YAY
You should first go to steam, rightclick gta v and then properties. go to local files and from there verify integrity of game files
After that just open regular GTA V and if you did that and you come to the place where you can choose from story mode, online, settings. there just hit exit and then launch fivem! that fixed it for me!

this doesnt help for those who downloaded through social club

No luck. I think it’s truly the FiveM update. That’s what broke it

Update: Downloaded a new FiveM and installed it. Same result, Blue screen.

i have a fresh copy of fiveM and gta and still get it.

Yeap, I guess we gotta wait for a FiveM update.

Guys if that didnt work try this:
Rightclick on your FiveM and then do Troubleshoot Compability

That should fix it if the above didnt

Didnt work for me :frowning:

I have try this and I have this problem https://gyazo.com/0891a5670df9c1c134398d44cd658883

[Window Title]
FiveM Error

[Main Instruction]
“fish-violet-lemon”

[Content]
A fish-violet-lemon caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers. If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details below.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: d3d9.dll+F0B04
Report ID: uploaded! (use Ctrl+C to copy)

d3d9.dll deals with DirectX maybe the blue screen has something to do with the DirectX?

direct x updates and reinstalls dont fix blue screen problem, i thought the same.

maybe FiveM update doesnt support DirectX? idk =(

one thing i have found suspicious is in the properties of the fivem launcher it gives me an option to apply compatibility for windows vista, 7, 7plus, and 8 but not 10 which is what im running.

No that doesn’t mean anything, why would it test compatibility with the OS that u are already running and have most likely tried the program with

From our understanding is that issues occurs when you start FiveM when using an older videocard. Because the latest driver is usually a quite old one due end of lifecycle of the manufactuers.

My suggestion is:
A) Update your video card driver as @bat stated.
B) Wait for the FiveM devs to fix the issues with CEF not loading.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.