FiveM Server on Linux

What’s the deal with Linux support for a fivem server? Unless there was an announcement made which I am unaware of, is Linux support dying? If anything Linux should be more supported than Windows. I saw the last update was on the 9th. A little worried

1 Like

Incorrect. See https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_proot_linux/master/

Linux builds are built at the same time as Windows builds, unless something breaks but it hasn’t for a couple of weeks now.

There was in December which lays out the downsides of Linux Important: FiveM Linux server builds at risk

TLDR: Windows is way easier to work with, hence why Linux support is not guaranteed, especially when it comes to debugging since it’s nearly impossible.

1 Like

The latest update shows July 9th while Windows builds are days recent

There never has been official Linux support, the Linux port has only ever been a courtesy, without official support or testing.

Building for Linux has been disabled recently since Mono had some changes made that would need porting into the Alpine dependency management stuff, which hasn’t been done yet, and won’t be any time soon either, since there is currently no build machine for ad-hoc packages like this.

Not sure why you think that - Linux is a mess to deal with for native C++ projects, especially once additional dependencies exist and you want to run across distributions.

See also: this post in Windows or Linux? FiveM hosting and a TS!

Found this searching for reasons why there haven’t been any Linux server releases lately…

Just wanted to voice my support for Linux server builds… I run Windows on all of my daily machines; but when it comes to servers, Linux is always my preferred choice.

1 Like

People just hate linux for no reason.